Signup Now
Come on sign up, you know you want to. It's free and easy and you get to be even more awesome!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Twosoc's Tau wip.

Twosoc's Tau wip.

In my ever expanding quest to destroy Mike's sister of Battle, I bring you my latest venture.
    I aim to have most of my squads based in devilfish, to fit in with the fluff I came up with of them being a fast moving group relentlessly pursuing Mikes' Sisters as they retreat from a failed strike on their homeworld. Gamewise, devilfish don't really do much so I may drop them.
    Here's the first of the finished ones.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No man should outlive his imaginary wizard.

Quote Originally Posted by Twosoc View Post
    In my ever expanding quest to destroy Mike's sister of Battle,
    You really think you have a chance at that?

Paul's been trying for years and hasn't managed that yet
    Awards:
    Calendar Award
    "women are like minis - both are expensive hobbies, there's always better looking ones on the internet, many dont look so good with age. Only difference is minis are easier to strip" - Darklord

"If you love something set it free. If it loves you it will come back for revenge" - From the Reaper Dark Maiden box.

So far I'm two for two with my tau, so much so Paul went out and bought some for himself.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paul's had Tau for years or did his wife kidnap them?

Or was it more he bought!
    Awards:
    Calendar Award
    "women are like minis - both are expensive hobbies, there's always better looking ones on the internet, many dont look so good with age. Only difference is minis are easier to strip" - Darklord

"If you love something set it free. If it loves you it will come back for revenge" - From the Reaper Dark Maiden box.

its probably about a year ago, my 40k progress has been glacial recently. These were all rescues from a lad in the shop they were originally painted thickly in orange, and needed a lot of work to salvage them. Plus they've sat in my case for a bout six months so I thought I'd better get to work on them.
    Here's a group shot of the tanks, I left the hatches off a few of them so I can use them as skyrays and hammerheads, plus the ion cannon is loose so it and the railgun can be switched out.
    Last edited by Twosoc; 17-12-2010 at 01:59 PM.

Cool. I like these, have always wanted to paint some up. Good job on them.
    http://noddwyr.wordpress.com/

The roundest knight at King Arthur's round table was Sir Cumference. He acquired his size from too much pi.
    Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

There's a nice pitted and weathered feel to these guys that I like. It'll be a very good looking army when you get it all done.

This Writer's Journey

If wishes were fished we'd all cast nets. - Gurney Halleck

Thanks, I've a long way to go unfortunately, my battlesuits are a bit of a mess, there's bits missing that I can't even source on ebay like the little drones for the ends of the skyray, and trurret hatches etc.

The warstore has a bunch of bits and it looks like their skyray bizx thing has a drone. Might be worth checking out: http://www.thewarstore.com/TauEmpireBitz.html

EDIT Not sure if they ship to the UK, but I found that with a quick google search of "tau bits" so there might be something similar here.

Oooo found one in the UK: http://www.bitzbox.co.uk/index.php?cPath=21_29 however they dont appear to have skyray bits.
    And one more: http://www.letthedicedecide.co.uk/ca...lphabeticalAsc
    For that one, the box links dont seem to work but there are photos of bits on the bottom so have a look through those.
    Last edited by Noddwyr; 17-12-2010 at 02:35 PM.
    http://noddwyr.wordpress.com/

The roundest knight at King Arthur's round table was Sir Cumference. He acquired his size from too much pi.
    Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

Didn't GW do an upgrade sprue for the Tau vehicles?
    Command bits

Or the Hammerhead weapon pack

There is also the shield drone set
    Last edited by War Griffon; 17-12-2010 at 04:03 PM.
    Awards:
    Calendar Award

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast