Signup Now
Come on sign up, you know you want to. It's free and easy and you get to be even more awesome!
Page 1 of 156 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Mako's new WIP of more randomness

Mako's new WIP of more randomness

Well, after a bit of a clearout and settling back to painting, I realised I hadn't actually posted any progress up here!

Because of my rather random work schedule and being dozy as hell half the time, updates will probably be sporadic, but I'll do my best to remember
    Last edited by Mako; 05-01-2011 at 06:51 PM.

Here's something I've been working on for a short while. He's already been reworked a few times to change little bits. I still can't decide if the dark blue skirt works, or if a blue-ish white, or a brown/cream mix would work better.

Gore is to be added at the end, but not in huge globs that cover up the details...

Oni warau corrected 1.jpg

(Oh, and I know his toe bones are chipped, I can't seem to help it. Every time I handle him, no matter how carefully. Even using a pin vice on the foot peg. So I'll retouch those when he's finished and going onto his base )

Like the way you have done the muscles, really nice. I think the dark blue looks good but depends on the other colours you have in mind. Nice work so far.
    http://noddwyr.wordpress.com/

The roundest knight at King Arthur's round table was Sir Cumference. He acquired his size from too much pi.
    Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

He reminds me of the demon protagonist of the "Dungeon Master" video games. Evil-looking but with just a hint of goofy in his eeeeevil grin.

Banned Wamp Guru
    Blog Entries
    The muscles are really cool and I like the colour of the skirt you have in the image. It has a nice contrast to the skin colour.

Super Wamp
    Blog Entries
    The skirt color goes well with the skin. I would add something like Dheneb Stone or Bleached Bone into your base color in increasing amounts to create your highlight colors.
    http://www.stonetowerminiatures.com/.../ST_banner.gif

This Writer's Journey

If wishes were fished we'd all cast nets. - Gurney Halleck

Totally forgot to add updates here as I was working on oni warau, but here's the finished piece I took to salute this year:

oni gore.jpg

Since then I've amused myself mostly by sculpting, and with a little bit of on off painting. The latest stuff I've been fiddling with is the Spirits of Vengeance Malifaux crew, have painted up Kirai and Ikiryo so far. Trying to keep it all very muted, using VGC bonewhite and night blue as the highlights and shadows and adding grey to all the colours except the white faces.
    kirai ikiryo.jpg

Also, if anyone can remind me how to upload files from the PC full size rather than thumbnail that would be handy, I appear to have forgotten!

8. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! Spectral Dragon
    Really nice job Mako! What did you use to make the Bamboo?
    Awards:
    Posting AwardTop DogSociable AwardMost ReputableFrequent Poster

Cheers, the bamboo is just plastic tubing from a model shop with some green stuff to make the joins. used astronomican grey instead of true grey to give it the slight blueness that real bamboo has

Well its a great job as they look very real. What green did you use?
    Awards:
    Posting AwardTop DogSociable AwardMost ReputableFrequent Poster

Page 1 of 156 1231151101 ... LastLast