Signup Now
Come on sign up, you know you want to. It's free and easy and you get to be even more awesome!
Page 158 of 160 FirstFirst ... 58108148156157158159160 LastLast
Results 1,571 to 1,580 of 1593

Thread: Mako's new WIP of more randomness

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries
    loving the Step by Step on painting a 3 slice toaster
    Available for Commissions Like my Facebook Page: Brett Johnson Designs

Shop at the Wampstore Wamp Corporate

2. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! Mako
    Quote Originally Posted by Darklord View Post
    loving the Step by Step on painting a 3 slice toaster
    Everyone deserves a well decorated slice
    A model what I painted: My WIP thread
    The 2018 Two Out, One In grey mountain reduction program - 2 painted/sold, 0 bought/received
    Previous years: 2017 - 11/96, 2016 - 20/162, 2015 - 29/36

Well, I achieved a tiny amount of painting over Christmas!

The 2018 Two Out, One In grey mountain reduction program - 2 painted/sold, 0 bought/received

Looking good so far! Are you going to attach him with wires, or just leave it to the imagination? I've used thin gage copper wire to good effect for puppets.
    Nerodine (blog, WIP thread)

6. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! Mako
    I’m going to use the same wires that I have for memory (the puppet) on brainpan too, hanging down from his controls - the knots were sculpted on so they looked like they were tied through. I have a lot of florists wire about the place so I used that - it’s pretty thin but fairly sturdy, memory could be supported by one of those wires but six matched the controls better

The puppet will hopefully hang loose above his base on the wires he’s attached to, with them in a sort of cobra hood shape as if he’s being forced to rear up at people. Though I haven’t done his base yet, and wanted to paint him up before I blocked brush access with the wires. Should probably get round to their bases so I can actually finish them up!

Of course, them being used on separate bases makes actually tying them together with wires tricky, so I’m kind of guessing and hoping it works and looks like the strings trail along the ground and the puppet is rearing up on his own a bit...
    Last edited by Mako; 28-12-2017 at 09:11 PM.

Sounds ace. Yes it's a funny sculpt to choose across two bases.

What does this chap do on the field? I stopped picking up Guild Ball figures at end of Season 2. Simply not painting enough of them to warrant the investment, so out of touch with what new characters bring to the team.
    Nerodine (blog, WIP thread)

9. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! Mako
    Honestly, I have no idea! I seem to end up with more without actually trying, and very rarely get to play!
    I spend more time working on game design for my own amusement these days

I think they’re a mobile harassment pair with a bit of striker thrown in - the puppet gets to dodge whenever a friendly guild model activates, and otherwise can only act when the controller activates. Let’s him get to strange places and do useful things like finish off models, score goals from weird angles, etc. I could be very wrong on that though...

I pretty much have every model but the farmers guild ones, and I’m still not painting much. Here’s hoping that changes in 2018! I’d at least like to do some more display stuff and busts like the cat nomad, maybe focus on mood and drama a bit.

Brainpan and memory are finished! Along with a bunch of bases that covers the rest of the morticians, minus one model (that one is more complicated, needs a but of sculpting, and I couldn't be bothered with it at the time).

Next up is the Brokentoad/Steamforged Angel and Salt bust, and this one I want to push myself on so I'll be actively hunting for feedback and thoughts as I go

Course, I may work on other things at the same time if I get distracted!

Super Wamp
    Blog Entries
    Wow - what a wicked model and fantastic job! The tattered brown over the blue is so crisp.
    When it rains it rains all the colours in my paintbox. - XTC

13. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! Mako
    Cheers!
    They're quite good fun, not too fussy and with plenty of space to play with paint. Nice to enjoy myself with a model, it seems to happen quite rarely!