Signup Now
Come on sign up, you know you want to. It's free and easy and you get to be even more awesome!
Page 154 of 156 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156 LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 1555

Thread: Mako's new WIP of more randomness

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries
    jeeze, longest game of hide and seek ever!!
    Good to see your alive mate and they look nice, find the base edge quite funky and different. Are the scars freehand?
    I might be tempted to add a little green wash to some of the wood bits to break up the pallett a little from the leather but I like them all a lot
    Available for Commissions Like my Facebook Page: Brett Johnson Designs

Shop at the Wampstore Wamp Corporate

2. Loving your work These users all liked this awesome post:: Mako,vegascat
    Destroyer of Ladders Enlightened Wamp vegascat's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The GB team looks wonderful~! I love that you're back, your models are always really inspiring! The crackle effect is simply superb. I honestly mistook it for crackle medium at first.
    Miniatures painted in 2015: 21

I've Been Wagged! http://www.wamp-forum.com/VB4/showth...844#post158844

4. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! Mako
    Wonderful work. The results you've achieved with glazing and pre-shading make me want to try this with a Guild Ball team myself, so think I will!
    Nerodine (blog, WIP thread)

6. Loving your work These users all liked this awesome post:: Mako,vegascat
    I wasn't hiding too well, mostly it was in my own bed :P

Ypure right, probably could have done with a bit of green on the wood, definitely on the planks as the model shadows seem to merge them together more than I expected. After making the gravel myself though, I was a bit keen to be done with the bases! (Couldn't find any I liked in the hobby shops, so I worked out a process using polyfilla, paint, a razor blade and a tea strainer...)

Yep, the scars are freehanded in pinkish and whitish flesh over the completed skin. Wanted to add them in to match his fiction better, and it was an excuse to play with something I hadn't tried much.
    Tried to get good tonal variation between the models as Scalpel is from one country, Bonesaw another and cosset/Ghast a third. So hopefully the last two look a bit Northern European, Bonesaw more Mediterranean and Scalpel African.

Definitely worth a try, I've had problems getting alook I like from the scalecolour stuff but this just seems to work without too much fighting :)
    A model what I painted: My WIP thread
    The 2016 Two Out, One In grey mountain reduction program - 10 painted/sold, 15 bought/received
    Previous years: 2015 - 29/36

8. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! vegascat
    Gencon has come and gone, and Guild Ball's new releases are now pre-assembled plastics. I was kind of horrified when I first heard that, but checked them out at Gencon and was actually kind of surprised. I've had far worse metal casts, the assembly appears to be competent, and the detail is reasonable. I had a lot of fun coming up with a nice, subtle, monochrome colour scheme... or not.

The 2016 Two Out, One In grey mountain reduction program - 10 painted/sold, 15 bought/received

10. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! vegascat
    Blog Entries
    With all the doom and gloom surrounding the move to plastic, you'd think the game was coming to an end. How do they compare to Wyrd plastics?

12. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! Mako
    I should preface this with the disclaimer that Wyrd treated me and others I know so badly as freelancers, I can't possibly claim to be unbiased...

The material isn't as crisp and solid as Wyrd stuff (almost a hint of SDE flex to it), but the sculpts have better bulk detail (like cloth folds) and don't involve trying to glue beards onto faces, ears onto gremlins, and so on. I prepped Sledge up quicker than a metal model, but not quite as easily as a resin. All in all, I don't think it's going to make much difference to me - there's enough detail for painting to be fun, assembly and material is fine though not quite as nice as a resin (cleaning mould lines out of assembled parts is annoying but that's it), and they'll survive dropping/transport/act of dog much better than resins or metals.

People like to freak out and throw toys toys out of prams whenever anything new is announced, not helped in this case by a set of terrible photos that went onto the net, but they're a good way to make it cheaper and easier to get a new guild going. I was playing the blacksmiths the same day I bought them while at gencon, without needing glue or a knife.

14. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! vegascat
    Blog Entries
    thanks for the review! If it brings the cost of the teams/models down, I'm all for it, especially if they're decent.

16. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! Mako
    Yeah, 35 or $50 now gets you 6 players, a goal, a terrain piece, a set of health dials, all the card tokens you need for the models, and stat cards in six languages (less useful, that last one. Unless you're trying to learn other languages the hard way )

I did hear that by the end of 2018 they're hoping to have everything transitioned over o plastic, so it will definitely drop the entry and expansion cost - $100 for twelve guild players, which is usually the entire guild at the moment!

18. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! vegascat
    More effort on Sledge, though its slow going (what was I thinking with those metals...)
    But the brown leather being swapped out for grey has left me happy with the overall scheme. Slowly coming together!

20. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! vegascat