Signup Now
Come on sign up, you know you want to. It's free and easy and you get to be even more awesome!
Page 153 of 154 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154 LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,530 of 1534

Thread: Mako's new WIP of more randomness

If a simple trick works, noone cares how simple it is ;-)

Nice looking bike, that!

2. Loving your work These users all liked this awesome post:: Mako,vegascat
    Cheers Omero!

The key to life does seem to be doing simple stuff that looks complicated
    A model what I painted: My WIP thread
    The 2016 Two Out, One In grey mountain reduction program - 10 painted/sold, 15 bought/received
    Previous years: 2015 - 29/36

4. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! vegascat

6. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! Mako
    Destroyer of Ladders Enlightened Wamp vegascat's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mako View Post
    Cheers Omero!

The key to life does seem to be doing simple stuff that looks complicated
    I totally agree. Its even better when you can get paid for it. :D
    Miniatures painted in 2015: 21

I've Been Wagged! http://www.wamp-forum.com/VB4/showth...844#post158844

8. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! Mako
    Damn, that's where I've been going wrong...
    The 2016 Two Out, One In grey mountain reduction program - 10 painted/sold, 15 bought/received

10. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! vegascat
    New awful picture time! The end of day light is really bad, but I don't have the time or space to set up my light box etc...

The grey will be shaded and highlighted much like the pink pattern, the metals are slightly yellow but not proper gold - it's a mix of silver and gold finished with scalecolor citrine alchemy.

Last edited by Mako; 08-02-2017 at 06:23 PM.

12. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! NeatPete
    Bit of a change, penthesilea disassembled herself so I repaired her, painted a little further, then started a new project!

Clockwork robots from warmachine, inspired by raku pottery - white crackle, carbon grey/black, and copper. Turquoise too eventually, for the eye lenses. So far have only done the heads:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mako; 25-03-2017 at 01:35 PM.

14. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! vegascat

Wamp Guru
    Blog Entries
    That's a great effect! Really believable. My opinion if you used it just selectively on the mini's it would stand out more and be that much more eye grabbing.
    Awards:
    Wamp Monthly ChampionActivity Award
    "Who needs weights? Animals don't lift weights, and animals are STRONG!"
    -Chuck "the Truck" Wallace

16. Loving your work These users all liked this awesome post:: Mako,vegascat
    Yeah, the white crackle will be only on the underpanels - lower torso, inner shoulder and that kind of area. The black will be the dominant colour but the white will be spread about in small sections to avoid the unit looking too black.

They're probably going to be a painting contest entry if they're done by gencon, so I want them to be quite lively despite having a lot of black on them...

18. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! vegascat
    Seems I've been AWOL a while, but this last month or so I have been back at the painting table. I ended up changing projects to something I could settle in and enjoy, so here's two thirds of a Guild Ball Mortician's team. I wanted something different to the more usual black, white and green/yellow accents, which led me to what are apparently more common mourning colours in the middle east/subcontinent and such (if that info is wrong, oops!). Also did the necessary ball and scratch built a goal for them all. The logo I found when randomly wandering google images for mourning fabrics, supposedly a Ghana-ian pattern but I have no idea if that's true! I also got bored of plain black base edges, so did something a little fancier.

The whole lot were spray primed in Stynylrez grey, then zenithally primed in Minitaire Snow White. The rest is all glazes of Scalecolour stuff, so I didn't get a really cartoonish saturation on the colours. I really like how it comes out and the process, so I might stick with it for a while and refine my technique a little more.

Scalpel, the captain:

Bonesaw, an ex-priest (the tattoo on his back is his old church's emblem):

Cosset, who is a tiny bit crazy and is usually described as being in a dirty dress:

Ghast, who was badly burned as a child (hence the scarring):

The ball and goal:

Group shot:

I also did some sewing so I could transport the necessary gaming widgets and dice around in something better than a plastic bag. The dice bag is supposed to look like a ball, and the widget bag was carefully designed to replace one of the trays in my little KR case that has my team in it:

Which almost sets me up for Gencon next week, when I'm meeting up with a friend from the States and we're actually going to play a game for the first time in ages :)

(almost, but I will have one half-converted model and one primed model on the field. Didn't hit my target of a full team ready for it, but don't really mind as it's been fun)

20. Loving your work These users all liked this awesome post:: Demonn,vegascat