Signup Now
Come on sign up, you know you want to. It's free and easy and you get to be even more awesome!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: a bit about yourself

Quote Originally Posted by matty1001
    And got my first tattoo today.
    Cool what is it? I have a dragon in clouds with some elven script

A vector style sun that I drew up with the Amharic word Fiqir Bandinet in the center.

The sun, because of a few reasons, it was the logo for the council where I lived in Spain (Cuidad del sol, city of sun)
    It's the beginner of all life, and also a symbol of fire and anger, which we all have in us. (Just a case of unleshing it on the right people and powers.

And Fiqir Bandinet (pronounced Fi K'ir Band-nuht) means 'One Love' and encompasses the spirit of I and I (every man on this Earth is equal)
    And it's in Amharic, an Ithiopian semitic because Mother Ithiopia is where all life started, and is the language of every-bodies roots.

I was going to get it done on my lower leg, but instead choose the inside of my lower left arm (just above the wrist) so whenever I shake hands (using the traditional left hand shake, so the African peoples didn't have to put down their weapons when greeted by colonials (and then marched in to slavery)) it is plainly visible and shows the person something (that I hope) is quite symbolic of my nature.
    Plus when raising my hand in solidarity (I tend to go on activist rallys) then sun is high up above peoples heads as a show of light and righteousness.

It probably all sounds like egotistical bollocks but I had to be able to justify both the image and position before getting it done, as I'v got it for life now. Like I said 'I did alot of thinking in Spain'!

Peace and love...

Wamp Guru
    Blog Entries
    Oh well, here goes:
    real name Ian, age 55, married for 25 years and have 5 kids.
    Started with the old Airfix minis back in about 1961, ACW I recall.
    Picked up first metals, Napoleonics, around 1970.
    'Found' GW late 1997 and have now inherited all my kids stuff.

Londoner by birth. Then moved to the country; then Northampton 42 years ago. Started work in spare parts department of local garage. Followed this after two years with a 6 year spell in the Royal Air Force, two years of which in Hong Kong. Worked on 1950's fighters, Harrier jump jets and helicopters. Helped to restore Bf109 to flying condition (see album 1:1 pic). Back to the motor business, rose to management then joined the railways after being made redundant. Ended in railways as publicity design and production management, then redundant again. Back injury left me on scrap heap for 10 years until opportunity arose just over a year ago in banking.

Did some voluntary work; running an ex-serviceman's club, couple of wargaming clubs for youngsters.

Music; like lots but favourite is John Denver. Read lots but top of the list is author Nevil Shute. I was a founder member of Northampton Science Fiction Writer's Group. Appeared on tv, big screen, RAF training film, local papers and on local radio. Only pet is a ferret named fudge.

I paint to relax but wish I was better at it.

Is that enough? Any questions?

Wamp Guru
    Blog Entries
    My name is.... Scott Radom. I am 32, married to my Kathyrn Radom and I have two kids. Maximillian Eldritch von Radom (boy, 4) and Emerson Ripley Radom (1, girl). We have no pets because I loathe all living things and would rush at the nearest animal and kill it. Got a sweet TV though.

I am into paintball when I can. Gettin' drunk on the beer and playing Rock Band is great times. Used to karaoke a little bit when I used to be able to go to the bar. Damn kids/wife cut into that **** real hard. I am a Butcher by trade and have been with my company for 11 years. I manage a small retail location and don't do as much real proper work as I should (THANK YOU INTERNET!). I like mini wargaming, used to play weekly poker games which was driving me into the poorhouse quick. I am not religious, but was raised in a strictish Christian home. I hate the church nowadays, so take that God! My Dad played pro football (briefly, and poorly) for a little bit. Not soccer, but the real kind of football where you can look people in the eye when you tell them you're an athelete.

I am pretty fat, and I like to think I am the most closed minded and judgemental guy I know. My wife says that is part of why she is gonna leave me one day, but she's too lazy to do it. I am incredibly funny but equally humble, so it works out. I fancy myself the "great conversationalist of our time" but I can't find anyone to give me my trophy. At least a wall plaque should be in order.

I enjoy surfing the net, looking for fools to drop my science on. My greatest claim to fame? Tons of warhammer trophies for representing all over Western Canada. Including a best painted, so back off. I won employee of the year for my company in 2000. It was great! They handed my award out immediately AFTER the presentation honoring the life of my bosses 16 year old daughter who had been killed in a horrible drunk driving accident. Not a dry eye in the house. Was it wrong for me to say "This is the best night in my career, thanks everyone, let's have a great time!". My boss thought so. Also I slapped a man in a bar fight a couple of years ago. Don't worry, I kicked the **** out of him with proper fists after that! Also related I was so drunk I actually missed a man completely with a head butt. It is apparently possible so if you're every D20-ing it up and someone rolls a 1 and fails something they think is impossible, tell them about the great Canadian headbutt incident. I got witnesses! Witnesses who didn't have to testify at the trial, thankfully (It didn't happen, charges dropped).

Music? Metallica, Zeppelin, Headstones. AC/DC and such. Y'know, the good stuff. Defo not the hippie stuff Matty wil try and sell you on.

Well that's it for now. There's more I'm sure, but I can't remember so good nowadays.
    Awards:
    Wamp Monthly Champion
    "Who needs weights? Animals don't lift weights, and animals are STRONG!"
    -Chuck "the Truck" Wallace

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries
    its like a therapy sessionn in here!
    @matty, i think the reasons you got that tattoo are perfect. remember tattoo's started out with meaning and symbolism before they got taken over by the west purely as a cosmetic thing. your meaningful symbolic sun is worth a whole cartful of penguins smoking weed tattoo's anyday
    Available for Commissions Like my Facebook Page: Brett Johnson Designs

Shop at the Wampstore Wamp Corporate

Wamp Member
    pro football (briefly, and poorly) for a little bit. Not soccer, but the real kind of football
    I still don't get how you guys can call a port FOOTball when it's all about throwing & catching...

also, rugby > football 'cause only sissies where giant armour pads ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Darklord
    roger my mum had a similar experience to yourself spent about 7 years getting mis-diagnosed then settling on ME with a whole host of other crap on the side. she got married on sunday so maybe theres hope for you yet!
    @Vern
    :computer: :s**t :wall
    Congratulations to your mum. My mum got married in October.
    The eyes!, the EYES!!

...tapping fingers impatiently...

Wamp Apostle
    Northampton, home of the shoe... apparently
    Blog Entries
    Well I suppose I'd better join in on this too.

Most people know me as Dave Jackson or simply as Undave. David is my middle name hence me being an un-Dave. As far as I'm aware only one person on all the boards I'm on knows my first name and I'm not letting on who that is.

I was born in the city of Sheffield on the tenth of April in the year of our Lord nineteen hundred and seventy nine where I lived for the first 18 years of my life. After completing my A-levels I went to the University of Lancaster to study biology. Unfortunately I got glandular fever during exam week and missed all my exams. The callous ******** then tossed me aside without a second thought. With one week left before the start of term I applied to study the same course at Coventry Uni and I've been stuck in this hive of scum and villainy ever since.

It's not been all bad though I met my partner Emma whilst at uni, she's an equine scientist. We now have a 5 (6 in 3 weeks time) year old daughter named Katarina Alice Jackson (Kate after two of our friends and Alice after Alice Cooper) and a couple of hamsters named Smooch and Winslowe that I claim no responsibility for whatsoever.

I also did a 5 year stint at GW which was great fun and a real education. It also left me with boxes and boxes of unpainted and mostly unassembled minis. Most people might have a study or games room where they paint their stuff, I have a Sprue Room where I wend my way between precariously piled plastic frames and boxes of abandoned projects.

I'm currently looking for work as a countryside ranger either in a national park or on a nature reserve. Scummy Coventry doesn't have much in the way of countryside so I'm looking to move somewhere a bit more rural. That way the Mrs. can make use of her horsey knowledge and teach riding again. In a way it will be a bit of a shame to move on because I have a lot of friends round here and I'm also in charge of our local games club.

Music-wise my favourite band has got to be Pink Floyd but I listen to loads of different things. Mainly soundtracks while I'm painting but I also like cyberpunk, metal, blues, ambient, mediaeval, anything with a good tune really.
    Awards:
    Top Referrer
    "We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area" - UK military spokesman Major Mike Shearer
    "I think they should all be topless, they're just more fun that way" - Vegascat
    "I once hit a guy in the face with a crap" - NeatPete
    "The doctor put me on a course of placebos," said the lady in the straw hat. "But I don't take them. I'm saving them all up for a mock suicide attempt."
    "Unleash a rancid potpourri of lunacy!" - Games Workshop Website.
    "I used to be Sheogorath but I took an arrow to the knee."

You could move back to the Peak District.
    The eyes!, the EYES!!

...tapping fingers impatiently...

Wamp Apostle
    Northampton, home of the shoe... apparently
    Blog Entries
    I'd like to but it's convincing the Mrs. and finding a job beforehand that's standing in the way.
    Awards:
    Top Referrer
    "We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area" - UK military spokesman Major Mike Shearer
    "I think they should all be topless, they're just more fun that way" - Vegascat
    "I once hit a guy in the face with a crap" - NeatPete
    "The doctor put me on a course of placebos," said the lady in the straw hat. "But I don't take them. I'm saving them all up for a mock suicide attempt."
    "Unleash a rancid potpourri of lunacy!" - Games Workshop Website.
    "I used to be Sheogorath but I took an arrow to the knee."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123