Signup Now
Come on sign up, you know you want to. It's free and easy and you get to be even more awesome!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stuff from the new kid

Stuff from the new kid

Greetings!

I've been told it was time I stopped lurking and actually posted something and introduced myself. My name is Jen, and I live in Colorado. I've been painting for about 4 or 5 years. For the most part I usually stick to fantasy, 28-30 mm, but I have been known to indulge in an occasional 54 mm. I love vivid color and high contrast, though I don't always manage to pull it off effectively. I'm also fairly challenged when it comes to computers and other tech stuff, so please be patient with me!

So I guess I should share a couple recently finished figs with you all. The first one is Friar Stone, Traveling Monk from Reaper Miniatures. Tre Manor is rapidly becoming one of my favorite sculptors... I foresee myself painting many more from him in the near future! I absolutely love the character he puts in his faces!

Dude looked lonely on the base by himself, so I added a bunny for his animal companion. Let's just hope that Thumper stays on the path...

Next up is Callus Darklore, Necromancer, also a Reaper fig. I really wanted to do some sort of swirly freehand on the back of his cloak... I mean it's just begging for it... but once I put on the yellow glaze to shift the color I was too scared to try. My freehand is still a little sketchy, and needs a lot of clean up work. I wasn't sure I could match the background colors well enough to pull it off. If it hadn't been an already overdue commission I might have gone for it anyway. Next time...

I wish I could figure out how to make the pics appear in the post instead of just having them linked. :P

Anyhow, I hope you guys like them. Brutally honest C&C is always appreciated!

Laters,
    Jen
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ~The quality of a man's character is most accurately measured by how he behaves when he thinks no one is looking.~

"He is Conan, Cimmerian, he won't cry, so I cry for him."

Welcome to Wamp!
    Keeper quote: "I've got 10 inches, here!!"

Wamp Guru
    Welcome to WaMP Jen!
    The eyes!, the EYES!!

...tapping fingers impatiently...

Hi Jen & welcome to WAMP. Great pieces with some nice contrasts going on.

Love the vividness of your colors. Welcome

Jen and two very nicely painted figures, I shall look forward to seeing more of your work
    Awards:
    Calendar Award
    "women are like minis - both are expensive hobbies, there's always better looking ones on the internet, many dont look so good with age. Only difference is minis are easier to strip" - Darklord

"If you love something set it free. If it loves you it will come back for revenge" - From the Reaper Dark Maiden box.

Enlightened Wamp
    Welcome Jen.
    Just looked at your "about me" on your site and it's remarkable the amount of mini painters who have done so competitively but fallen off of that wagon, as such, just lately. You're definitely amongst some kindred spirits in that regard
    CMON Gallery / Me on Putty&Paint/ Wamp Gallery / Black Hand Painting Blog
    Quote Originally Posted by TheProdigalGamer View Post
    You people scare me

Hello

Nice bit of painting there...
    WHERE WERE YOU WHEN I FELL FROM GRACE? FROZEN HEART, AN EMPTY SPACE...

Banned Wamp Guru
    Blog Entries
    Hi jen and Welcome to WAMP. I have had a look at your mini and they're great. I love the humous of the Friar and the vivid colours of the Necomancer is brilliant. Keep them coming

Welcome to the boards, nice pieces

Lead Mountain
    Digital Miniatures
    <url="http://www.wamp-forum.com/VB4/group.php?groupid=6]WAS[/url]

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast