Signup Now
Come on sign up, you know you want to. It's free and easy and you get to be even more awesome!

Thread: How do I create a clear mucus wet effect?

How do I create a clear mucus wet effect?

Hi all!

I'm working on a new batch of minis for wargaming, and I want them to look like they were recently decanted from a mad scientist's lab.

Inspiration is when Neo wakes up from the Matrix, and he's in that vat with the thick mucus-ey goop.

For the flesh, I'll just do a pale flesh, with veins painted like I'd do a tattoo: blue-gray and then cover it with thin layers of the flesh until it is suitably faint. But I have no experience with more technical work, like making it look slick with goo.

I thought about maybe just using watered down PVA, or trying to paint on some sort of "wet effect" (I've never used the stuff), but I thought I'd see if anyone here had a better idea / practical experience first.

Thank you in advance!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries
    PVA might well work though ive not used it for clear but have done this effect:

likewise water effects could also work though several layers may be needed. You could consider a clear resin for the bulk of the effect though it would only create a level bit and wouldnt work on the mini itself as gravity would pull it down. It would also have a fair amount of air bubbles most likely
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Available for Commissions Like my Facebook Page: Brett Johnson Designs

Shop at the Wampstore Wamp Corporate

Another option would be super heavy texture gel, I use it for a lot of 3d water effects. You can paint it in strings and lumpy strands, it dries really slowly but clear and colourless. Just build it up in thin layers so it can dry properly all the way through!
    A model what I painted: My WIP thread
    The 2018 Two Out, One In grey mountain reduction program - 2 painted/sold, 0 bought/received
    Previous years: 2017 - 11/96, 2016 - 20/162, 2015 - 29/36

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries
    ooh good shout Mark
    Available for Commissions Like my Facebook Page: Brett Johnson Designs

Shop at the Wampstore Wamp Corporate