Signup Now
Come on sign up, you know you want to. It's free and easy and you get to be even more awesome!

Thread: Painting Area / Storage Update

Super Wamp
    Blog Entries

Painting Area / Storage Update

Been a long time. I got everything going - had a blast painting samurai - and then got super busy again and focused on other things. Getting diagnosed with diabetes kind of turned my life upside down for awhile.

So, I'm back again! I always come back.

I got in on 2 kickstarters recently. Picked up 30 of Tre Manor's Dwarves from his Red Box Games kickstarter - waiting for those to ship. Also, got the Hobby Holder - https://hobbyholder.backerkit.com/hosted_preorders

To me the collecting and researching and looking at all of your painted figures is really fun to me. I find painting ridiculously relaxing, but don't do it that often.

I've also got back into recording music again at very long last.

Spent the holiday cleaning up my painting area.

You can see a cabinet of drawers on under the metal table. Here's what's in the drawers now:

A friend sent me 20 pounds of Warhammer 90's era - mostly metal but a nice bit of plastic dwarves as well.

2nd drawer of Warhammer

this drawer has newish stuff I've bought the last 5 years... Anima Tactics, Reaper, Infinity, Soda Pop, Perry Brothers Samurai in the boxes at bottom.

final drawer has Valiant Clan wars, Studio McVey, a bunch of TSR 80's era in the plastic box, the plastic bag on left has Red Box Games dwarves, and a few early 90's Ral Partha.

Overly obsessed with: Perry Samurai, Red Box Games Dwarves, Ral Partha, and Dragons.

2. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! Demonn
    Nice!

Look forward to seeing painting progress through 2018 too, some lovely models in that collection.
    Nerodine (blog, WIP thread)

4. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! jkn
    welcome back, mate!

lovely stuff there. Now go paint it
    The best thing my mates & I have done: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWG9MFQ6Tcs

Me on Putty&Paint

6. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! jkn
    Welcome back!

I got condemned to insulin punishment last year, diabetes really details your life for a while (They tell me it gets better, but it’s still early days for me so I’ve not seen it yet!)

Its all so beautifully organised and clean... how long will that last?
    A model what I painted: My WIP thread
    The 2018 Two Out, One In grey mountain reduction program - 2 painted/sold, 0 bought/received
    Previous years: 2017 - 11/96, 2016 - 20/162, 2015 - 29/36

8. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! jkn

Super Wamp
    Blog Entries
    @Mako - I am thankfully only on Metformin at this time. I know it's progressive and only a matter of time. Sometimes I'm very stoic and accepting of it (I've been asthmatic all my life so being used to some type of limitation - I've had practice) - and sometimes the whole "why me?" self pity thing kicks in. Obviously I'm happy it's not worse - for example - no insulin yet, I'm not dead, I don't have cancer, etc... :-)

The photo was directly after cleaning. No - it's not that tidy now. :-) I'll post WIP's from time to time.

Thank you @nerodine and @demonn
    Overly obsessed with: Perry Samurai, Red Box Games Dwarves, Ral Partha, and Dragons.

10. Loving your work These users all liked this awesome post:: Demonn,Mako
    Here’s hoping it’s a slow slide for you, and you don’t get the needles for a good long time

If your desk is too tidy, you don’t look like you’re working on anything!
    The 2018 Two Out, One In grey mountain reduction program - 2 painted/sold, 0 bought/received

Super Wamp
    Blog Entries
    My new doctor (long story - but we could have caught this diabetes years ago in a lower stage!) - said she would have immediately put me on insulin, but I lowered my blood from 330 to 180 before I got to her. The trend should continue downward one more time as I know I'm testing under 100 now for the first time, but my liver goes overactive overnight...

I totally disagree with your grey mountain reduction program... it should be 2 in / 1 out.

Nicely done! Yeah, Insulin has its advantages (I can now go “oooh, cake” as long as I’m prepared to stab myself in the side for it), but avoiding it as long as possible would be my advice. Also, the liver doesn’t release glucose while it’s detoxing alcohol - dubious pro tip there, a good glass of whiskey puts no sugar in but stops the liver in its tracks for a few hours

If I’m honest, I’ve never reached anything close to my grey mountain target... it keeps growing no matter what I try! Some years, it’s not even 2 in 1 out. I’m ok so far this year though
    Last edited by Mako; 09-01-2018 at 01:18 AM.

14. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! jkn

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries
    good to have you back mate, sorry to hear the sugar monster got ya!

Recognise a few of those 90's bits got some of em myself.
    Available for Commissions Like my Facebook Page: Brett Johnson Designs

Shop at the Wampstore Wamp Corporate

16. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! jkn
    I love how amazingly organised it all is.

Bummer about your illness - they are making good progress with reversing certain types of diabetes though - google "Newcastle diet".

18. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! jkn