Signup Now
Come on sign up, you know you want to. It's free and easy and you get to be even more awesome!

Thread: Blinky's Latest

Hybrid View

Blinky's Latest

So I havent actually finished a model in... 4 months? Motivation has basically been nonexistent lately and I'm staring down 4 or 5 projects I want to finish at some point.
    BUT, I'm slowly getting back to business and working on some of my list.
    Until I have something truly new, I'll be putting my previous projects here once a week in hopes that it will help get me motivated.

So here are the last 2 models I finished. I apologize for the camera phone flash photography, but it's all I've got right now. One day I'm planning to get a better setup, but upgrading my painting setup and replacing my ratty, old brushes come first.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries
    NEVER use flash for photgraphing minis!

Most camera phones can do a reasonable job of mini photos these days. Get a bit closer with the shot. Paint looks nice and neat and the colours work on the whole. I think maybe a few washes here and there will help smooth things and build up the contrast in places but good solid start
    Available for Commissions Like my Facebook Page: Brett Johnson Designs

Shop at the Wampstore Wamp Corporate

Yea, I hate using the flash, but all I've got for lighting at home right now is overhead lighting, so getting good pictures is almost impossible. Next purchase is definitely a desk lamp.And thanks for the input, any tips on how to get better at building contrast? I can't quite get myself to paint it as drastically as it needs to be for some reason.

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries
    just practice really and putting in more contrast than you think!! Do it a bit at a time though, washes are great for building up the shading and the thin layers easy enough to control
    Available for Commissions Like my Facebook Page: Brett Johnson Designs

Shop at the Wampstore Wamp Corporate