Signup Now
Come on sign up, you know you want to. It's free and easy and you get to be even more awesome!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rainbow Brush III

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries
    Available for Commissions Like my Facebook Page: Brett Johnson Designs

Shop at the Wampstore Wamp Corporate

2. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! Demonn

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries
    Results time!!

Its been a close run thing and only 1 vote seperated 5 entries!!

In the end though we had a winner and that winner is..............

DEMONN

with Barney The Steamthing

Congratulations to Demonn for the win.

2nd place was a right scramble and in the end we finished up with 4 entries on the same amount of votes. 2 of these were Demonns though and as he already had first 2nd place is awarded as a tie to:

Donald Johansson for his Critters in tree Stump and to Painters Quest for their Hope entry.

big well done to those too for their efforts.

Winners drop me a pm with your details please.

In fact well done to everyone that entered. Some great entries that nailed the themes, others nailed the painting!

Thanks to everyone that voted.

4. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! Demonn
    Wyrd bi ful ard

Wamp Guru
    Thanks Brett for organising this competition.
    It was real pleasure painting this mini! Thanks to all who voted, too.

congrats to all who entered, you done did good
    The best thing my mates & I have done: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWG9MFQ6Tcs

I have to confess I'm surprised. What's the actual relevence of that as an entry for the environment theme?

I don't mean any offence, as it's a very well painted model but personally it's one of the ones I disregarded as off theme.

Congrats to all the winners. I will get the medals in the mail as soon as I collect the addresses of the winners! If you want to expedite the process and took 1st, 2nd or 3rd, shoot me your address at will@miniaturesoftomorrow.com

Congrats again!

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by possumcraft View Post
    I have to confess I'm surprised. What's the actual relevence of that as an entry for the environment theme?

I don't mean any offence, as it's a very well painted model but personally it's one of the ones I disregarded as off theme.
    For me it strikes well the discord of the world, industrialisation and our intent to fill the world with toxic and hazardous materials to the detriment of nature. Hes trying to nurture the plant. It feels very much like Wall:E

9. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! Demonn
    I didn't honestly realise that was meant to be a plant of any kind. I was trying to work out if it was a wire or a snake or something, lol.
    The version by Donald in the gallery looks more plant-like, and could show the theme as you described it but really...

It seems apparent the win comes down to the painting and not adherence to the theme, because Painters_Quest's 'Hope' tells the same story but much more clearly with more thought, planning and effort put into the theme.

That's all just my opinion anyway. Given the massive breadth of the theme this year, I was just hoping to see it more clearly demonstrated than in a vanilla bust with a tenuous link.

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by possumcraft View Post
    I didn't honestly realise that was meant to be a plant of any kind. I was trying to work out if it was a wire or a snake or something, lol.
    The version by Donald in the gallery looks more plant-like, and could show the theme as you described it but really...

It seems apparent the win comes down to the painting and not adherence to the theme, because Painters_Quest's 'Hope' tells the same story but much more clearly with more thought, planning and effort put into the theme.

That's all just my opinion anyway. Given the massive breadth of the theme this year, I was just hoping to see it more clearly demonstrated than in a vanilla bust with a tenuous link.

and your opinion is valid. These things are always subjective. having done a few Iron Painters I know all too well that what I think nails the theme doesnt always seem obvious to the judges!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123