Signup Now
Come on sign up, you know you want to. It's free and easy and you get to be even more awesome!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rainbow Brush III

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries

Rainbow Brush III

For the last two years, the Rainbow Brush has striven to highlight issues of great social importance, celebrating the downtrodden in response to political and legislative attempts to ostracize them from our great melting pot. Miniaturists from across the globe have taken the opportunity to use the power of art to shine their light on these issues.
    In 2015, there was a celebration of the LGBTQ community, in response to the “Religious Freedom” bill. It was a celebration of the inclusivity of the Gamer/Painter subculture, and a statement re-affirming how important we all feel it is that you can come from all walks of life and find friends in this uniquely welcoming band of misfits and social butterflies alike.

Last year, artists from every political spectrum came together to highlight the plight of Muslims, and to celebrate the many cultures in their identity; not to mention their vast contributions to both science and the arts.

This year, we want to shift the focus to an issue of perhaps even greater import. The focus of this year’s Rainbow Brush is an issue that affects us all. This year, we’ll be focusing on the environment.

I’m sure you’re all aware of the overwhelming body of evidence regarding the fact of climate change that is being ignored wholesale by the people empowered to halt it. According to scientific consensus, there is precious little time to save our pale blue dot, and with every step taken to line the pockets of these folks is a step away from a world habitable by our children’s children.

With that in mind, the theme of celebrating and protecting the environment is open to broad interpretation. Depicting scenes from popular fiction, such as the the scene from Lord of the Rings where the ents go to war to defeat the corruption and environmental destruction of Isengard. Maybe a post-apocalypse, teeming with irradiated life in the rubble of our hubris? On the flip side, maybe a celebration of nature, a lush ecosystem, teeming with endangered species, or perhaps a figure engaged in environmental protest or conservation? Sculptors and and designers have provided us with a dazzling array of fantastic beasts and anthropomorphs. The choices are nearly endless!
    As always, this will be an epic undertaking! Celebrating (or mourning, if that is more your flavor) something as all encompassing as our environment should be as spectacular as our world itself. I wholeheartedly welcome anyone who wants to offer help by contributing ideas, prize support of simply sharing this event across their social media feeds.

The Contest

The contest is open to anyone and the rules are simple. Paint a miniature (or diorama) representing the Enviroment in some way

Deadline

The contest is open for entries until 5pm Sunday 3rd September 2017 (GMT)

Prizes

Judges Favourite

Set of Wamp Select Brushes
    As well as the main prizes there will also be a Judges Prize awarded. Quite simply you need to please me! This will be handed out to entries that impress me in whatever way they can. Might be painting skill, imagination or showing the cause of in a great way.

Rules: (please read them!)

• You must be a Wamp Member to participate. Membership is free and you may register here.
    • You may enter as many times as you like but each entry may only submit one photograph so if you need more angles it MUST be a montage.
    • Images must be no larger than 1000 pixels wide by 4000 pixels high. (It is your responsibility to check this).
    • any additional photographs of that entry will be removed.
    • You give Wamp (including Portal Magazine), Rainbow Brush permission to use your pictures for publicity (but you do retain ownership).
    • Judging will be conducted by public vote
    • Submissions must be posted to the Contest Gallery You must make sure you select the correct contest option in the contest select box either during upload (if using the basic uploader) or via edit pictures after upload

The Gencon Event: This will be held at Gencon in Indianapolis as an add-on to the main event, and all entries will be subject to the rules of the main event. You can find more details on this here:

Gencon details
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Darklord; 18-08-2017 at 02:53 PM.
    Available for Commissions Like my Facebook Page: Brett Johnson Designs

Shop at the Wampstore Wamp Corporate

2. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! Demonn
    Goat Herder
    yes I am interested but how much time do I have to get the figure or figures painted and based ?

Wyrd bi ful ard

Wamp Guru
    I think I might finally enter something
    The best thing my mates & I have done: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWG9MFQ6Tcs

a contest at WAMP, finally! :)
    I know what I want to paint.... but it's a big project... and I don't have that much time... and I most probably won't make it.... oh, at least I'll try

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    a contest at WAMP, finally! :)
    Yeah been a while (thanks Kickstarter!) the regular ones will be returning later this year too

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    any schedule? :)
    Not at present. I would hope to have the next one a month after Rainbow Brush but nothing concrete yet. Things kind of took a back seat with the kickstarter. Lot of site updating I want to do to when I can find the time

Yay! New contest :D

I'll definitely have a go at this one, too.
    Thanks, Darklord :D

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by possumcraft View Post
    Yay! New contest :D

I'll definitely have a go at this one, too.
    Thanks, Darklord :D
    nice one. Any ideas what your going to do yet?

I believe so. Your post apocalypse suggestion gave me some ideas, I think I'm going to roll with that

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast