Signup Now
Come on sign up, you know you want to. It's free and easy and you get to be even more awesome!

Thread: Sunstalker

Sunstalker

As I've been creating my own set of Chibi Kingdom Death minis, I've found that some of the monsters have such bizarre proportions that there's no need to convert them into chibis.

Overall, my approach is to have the minis become less distorted and cute as they get larger (the way that Final Fantsy, Pokemon and Super Dungeon Explore do things). So, a lot of the very large monsters don't need to be altered. Instead, I try to paint them in vibrant colors that really let them pop out. I also create the bases using chibi faces rather than the normal ones.

So, here is my Sunstalker:

2. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! vegascat
    Ohh, that's nicely odd.

Destroyer of Ladders Enlightened Wamp vegascat's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Very cool. Probably the first Sunstalker I've really liked.
    Miniatures painted in 2015: 21

I've Been Wagged! http://www.wamp-forum.com/VB4/showth...844#post158844

Thanks. I figured that the mini is so large, with so much skin area that it really needed to have a lot of fades to different colors to make it work.

I've seen other nice Sunstalkers as well- it is one of those Kingdom Death minis where the concept is absolutely bizarre, but the execution is impeccable (so it can get along well with the Honeycomb Weaver, Wet Nurse and Forge God).

6. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! vegascat
    Blog Entries
    I totally agree, the sculpts are so bizarre (ala penis monsters), but the sculpts are *amazing*.

I remember a competition for "worst mini ever" a few years ago. The Wet Nurse got nominated for pure strangeness- while all of the other entries were nominated for poor execution of what was usually a normal concept (ok, there was a super poorly sculpted naked sunbathing orc guy, that probably should have beat Nagash for worst).

Blog Entries
    ROFL, the old Nagash the undead clown was really a horrible model. The sunbathing orc was pretty bad as well, though the old Nagash model holds a special place in my heart for being so bad.

Sometimes, it is about reach.

From a technical standpoint, the Star Wars Holiday Special might not be the absolute worst thing that's ever been broadcast. But with the lasting power of the Star Wars brand, the Carry Fischer high as a kite singalong gets to hold the title.

11. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! vegascat