Signup Now
Come on sign up, you know you want to. It's free and easy and you get to be even more awesome!

Thread: Photo Hosting options

Photo Hosting options

I've used Photobucket for a good few years now, but it has progressively become less and less useful. It's now a slow, unwieldy website and even the login is unreliable (I changed my password yesterday and it's already refusing to accept it yet again).

So given that it's pretty much a waste of space, what other options are floating about out there that aren't so utterly failtastic?

I figure here is almost guaranteed to have ideas and suggestions
    A model what I painted: My WIP thread
    The 2016 Two Out, One In grey mountain reduction program - 10 painted/sold, 15 bought/received
    Previous years: 2015 - 29/36

Kickstarted
    Super Wamp
    Blog Entries
    I still use photobucket and dont have any problems with it now I don't try and upload directly - logging in once then clicking into the Library then uploading directly to albums works for me, but I know a lot of people hate the amount of advertising that they have going on (a subscription helps in removing most of them so I don't get them).

If you're just uploading to Wamp you can put up a lot as attachments directly into posts but other than those two a facebook page (rather than a profile) set with photos to being visible to everyone could be an option. I know a few people who have tried out Flickr and gotten irritated with that as well so a good, reliable alternative seems a little difficult to come across these days.
    Miniatures Completed In 2017 - 6 2016 - 24 2015 - ​18
    Eldar Challenge - Points Painted 482/4000
    Brambleten Attempts to apply paint to metal, resin and plastic with varying levels of success

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries
    instagram, Wamp, Coolmini,etc.
    Available for Commissions Like my Facebook Page: Brett Johnson Designs

Shop at the Wampstore Wamp Corporate

Might have to check instagram (and possibly Flickr). For the moment dropbox is working ok, but I can't imagine my dropbox account will appreciate hosting all my photos for multiple forums!

Im too lazy to upload to each forum individually
    A model what I painted: My WIP thread
    The 2016 Two Out, One In grey mountain reduction program - 10 painted/sold, 15 bought/received
    Previous years: 2015 - 29/36

Super Wamp
    Blog Entries
    I've used Flickr as a pro member since around 2008. I do like it a lot. In public I have some photos, behind the scenes I have thousands of private ones. It's handy. 1 TB free - 2 TB with pro i think. Unresized images. Full size.
    My fear? Who knows what the future holds for it. Will it be here in 2 years?

Instagram doesn't seem that friendly for mass photo. But ideal for showing off a few now and then.

Amazon is pushing me on their "unlimited" storage (but is it reduced file size? I'm not sure).

Google photo I did not like.

As it is - I still have photos in multiple places... apple, google, flickr...
    When it rains it rains all the colours in my paintbox. - XTC