Signup Now
Come on sign up, you know you want to. It's free and easy and you get to be even more awesome!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Manufacturers Galore!

Super Wamp
    Blog Entries

Manufacturers Galore!

I've been obsessed with minis again lately and when I'm obsessed I research the heck out of things. So I'm digging into the websites of every manufacturer I can find, looking at minis - saving ones that catch my eye for when I do decide to buy more, etc...

Reading tutorials, digging into different facebook groups. Every link leads to two more links.

I thought I'd pretty much hit the end of the line of current mini makers out there... but no! I just ran across another one I haven't noticed yet. Or maybe I did a long time ago and it took me this long to find them again... Siren Miniatures.

It's insane - it's wonderful. I'm just kind of taken aback by just how many people are out there making minis of so many types.

This guy just caught my eye:

http://sirenminiatures.com/store/owyn

I'm not sure the rest of the range speaks to me - but that one does. :-)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Overly obsessed with: Perry Samurai, Red Box Games Dwarves, Ral Partha, and Dragons.

Kickstarted
    Super Wamp
    Blog Entries
    Siren have some lovely miniatures, though I've not got around to picking any up yet myself.

We're in a golden age of miniature painting/gaming right now. Quality sculpting, both 3d digital and traditional, great ideas from small companies finding success and a section of the pie through crowdfunding and/or social media, so many great painters around, Games Workshop actually listening to feedback from gamers and interacting with the community...

It's awesome :)
    Miniatures Completed In 2017 - 6 2016 - 24 2015 - ​18
    Eldar Challenge - Points Painted 482/4000
    Brambleten Attempts to apply paint to metal, resin and plastic with varying levels of success

3. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! jkn

Super Wamp
    Blog Entries
    I found a couple more sculptors today who are beginning to release miniatures - who used to work at the bigger known name type miniature houses.

I'm loving it all.
    Overly obsessed with: Perry Samurai, Red Box Games Dwarves, Ral Partha, and Dragons.

Wamp Guru
    Blog Entries
    Post links or names of ranges brother!
    Awards:
    Wamp Monthly Champion
    "Who needs weights? Animals don't lift weights, and animals are STRONG!"
    -Chuck "the Truck" Wallace

Quote Originally Posted by Brambleten View Post
    Siren have some lovely miniatures, though I've not got around to picking any up yet myself.

We're in a golden age of miniature painting/gaming right now. Quality sculpting, both 3d digital and traditional, great ideas from small companies finding success and a section of the pie through crowdfunding and/or social media, so many great painters around, Games Workshop actually listening to feedback from gamers and interacting with the community...

It's awesome :)
    As well miniature startups on kickstart seem to have a high degree of success. Kind of boggles the mind how big this hobby is worldwide and yet you don't seem to hear about it in any media outlet.
    The WAMP Wiki - A community driven repository aimed at the whole miniature painting community. Contributions can be made directly in the Wiki or by contacting the admin team here .
    Full Metal Dragon - A miniature/wargame/RPG/general entertainment business.
    My WIP Thread with a little bit of everything in it.
    Mini's painted in 2014: 0 / In progress - 5 (2 gaming mini's, 3 display mini's)

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries
    the hobby is very much a cottage industry. Always has been to an extent though you mainly heard about the few big companies but so many begin as a bloke in his shed type thing. Kickstarter and the internet has really fuelled that.

Its a good time for the hobby
    Available for Commissions Like my Facebook Page: Brett Johnson Designs

Shop at the Wampstore Wamp Corporate

Super Wamp
    Blog Entries
    Here's one that really struck me...

I found an awesome line of samurai at the odd scale of 40 mm...http://www.stevebarbermodels.com/28-40mm-samurai

It started by me running across this blog from Carmen Cerra http://carmensminiaturepainting.blogspot.com/2015/10/samurai-clan.html

Attached Images Attached Images

Super Wamp
    Blog Entries
    I posted a few dwarves photos from Scibor over on my ello page... https://ello.co/johnkochnorthrup/pos...npt55vw65heulw

I'll repost here - nope... the images are too large. here's the text. there are about 5 images from Scibor on my ello link. You don't really need to click - Scibor is well known and I'm sure you've seen them. :-)

...of miniatures and music
    Obviously, I'm obsessed with miniatures lately and not as obsessed with music. Things come and go in phases with me... I roll with it. Sometimes I just want to read a lot. Sometimes play Skyrim. Sometimes it's guitar. Sometimes piano. I did pick up a new drum machine about a month ago or so... a Roland TR-8 and I also decided to give up on Logic 8 on my ancient imac - and I bought Presonus Studio One on a wonderful black friday sale.
    Back to Miniatures...
    I was digging through Scibor Miniatures in Poland last night - some wonderful dwarves.
    28mm/30mm Dwarf War Bears Worriors set2
    These guys are fun... heavily armored bears... heavily armored dwarves. Although I'm not sure how the bears breathe...

Wamp Guru
    Blog Entries
    Scibor has some really cool looking mini's. I own a bunch, have painted a few. I've found some absolutely BIZARRE casting decisions that have impacted how easily the mini's can be assembled. If you're thinking of picking some up I'd personally recommend getting some of their smaller single 28mm figs before some of the bigger figs. To see if they're for you or not.
    Awards:
    Wamp Monthly Champion
    "Who needs weights? Animals don't lift weights, and animals are STRONG!"
    -Chuck "the Truck" Wallace

11. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! jkn

Super Wamp
    Blog Entries
    Thank you for that, Scott. So many people make dwarves - when I'm ready to pick up some I might look elsewhere.

At the moment - there's really no reason for me to add to my pile. I love looking though!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast