Signup Now
Come on sign up, you know you want to. It's free and easy and you get to be even more awesome!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Super Kingdom Death Explore!

Super Kingdom Death Explore!

So I really like board games with cool minis. Two of the board games that Iíve spent the most time playing are Kingdom Death: Monster and Super Dungeon Explore! Both are great games with fantastic minis- although the tones each use could hardly be farther apart.

The developers of these games know each other, and When both games went to Kickstarter, they took the opportunity to do a cool cross over. So means that we got a really cute chibi of the Twilight Knight.

She makes a great mini, and Iíd have been happy to leave it off there, but the fluff on her card implies that if those super cute Super Dungeon characters go into the Nether Rift in their seting, they end up in the brutal and bloody hell world of Kingdom Death.

So I got to thinking about this, and decided that I really needed to expand on this idea of the cute little chibis on the Planes of Faces.

Yes, these are all playable, and I'm going to continue to create Chibi versions of Kingdom Death monsters.

2. Loving your work These users all liked this awesome post:: GreyHorde,spykeside,vegascat
    Blog Entries
    Very nicely done! I'm not into chibi style, but I certainly recognize and respect your artistry. The Twilight Knight's skin and eyes are fantastic!

Awesome work! I've been looking for some larger pics of these. My friend got a shot of them in the cabinet at Gencon but I wanted to see them a lot closer. They look fantastic!

Thanks.

I've been making more of them, and playing a campaign at the same time (trying to stay one mini ahead of the timeline).

I'll have more to add soon.

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries
    love them, great idea.
    Available for Commissions Like my Facebook Page: Brett Johnson Designs

Shop at the Wampstore Wamp Corporate

They look great! Sadly I haven't tried any of the games but I hear good things about them.

Super Dungeon Explore is a fun dungeon crawler with a lot of video game references. They've got quite a few modes of play for it (co-op, classic, arena) and more on the way. The best version to get into the game with will be the 2nd ed game box that will be coming out sometime early next year.

Kingdom Death: Monster might be my favorite game of all time- it is basically about a group of people who wake up in a horrific hell dimension and decide to try and form a settlement to survive. It does a lot of things that I've never really seen done well before. Every combat is a deadly boss fight, and building your settlement is really fun.

It is the sort of game that we play every week for long stretches. The pricetag on the game is high, but it is actually worth it.

Continuing my project to create a set of Kingdom Death: Monsters using chibi minis, here is my Screaming Antelope. I find that I really enjoy mixing the brutal nightmare setting of Kingdom Death with the cuteness of chibi minis.

He was created using mostly parts from Impact! Miniatures- the head started out as a chibi beastman, and the body came from a nightmare (one of the largest of their chibi pony miniatures). I sculpted the mouth and teeth in the belly, and moved the legs around to turn it into an antelope (and sculpted most of details to make up the difference).

I'll be posting up some of the nemesis monsters soon.

10. Loving your work These users all liked this awesome post:: spykeside,vegascat
    Screaming Antelope is both cute and disturbing all at once. Well done.

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries
    nicely freaky that mate
    Available for Commissions Like my Facebook Page: Brett Johnson Designs

Shop at the Wampstore Wamp Corporate

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast