Signup Now
Come on sign up, you know you want to. It's free and easy and you get to be even more awesome!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Super Kingdom Death Explore!

Destroyer of Ladders Enlightened Wamp vegascat's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Congratulations on the extremely well deserved Gold! He's really amazing! Seriously, how have you not been contracted out yet to make a whole line of chino KD models is beyond me

Yes, he's a PVC mini from Ninja All Stars- same plastic as Super Dungeon Explore.

When creating a full Chibi Kingdom Death set, I found that a number of the larger Kingdom Death monsters already had large heads (or head like areas). In some cases, no actual modifications were needed to turn them into Chibi Kingdom Death creatures.

When I'm creating chibi characters, I tend towards some of the more official color schemes. It helps the characters to be recognizable. However, with the unmodified monsters, it makes more sense to approach them with a brighter pallet (and go for chibi eyes).

So, here is my Gorm- in strong purples. I painted the eyes similar to the way that I paint Chibi Zombie eyes. I also decided that the head stalk wasn't a great spot for a light source unless I wanted the mini to be mostly in darkness, so I opted for a second eye instead.

Here he is- all ready to dismember cute little survivors.

4. Loving your work These users all liked this awesome post:: DeafNala,vegascat

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries
    thats fantastic!
    Available for Commissions Like my Facebook Page: Brett Johnson Designs

Shop at the Wampstore Wamp Corporate

scary stuff. In a good way.

Excellent work. Very unpleasant.
    Nerodine (blog, WIP thread)

I've been showing off the conversions from my Chibi Kingdom Death set for a while now- but I realize that I've neglected to post up good pictures of the survivors that I've made.

Here is a group of them. Since this is an ongoing project, I'll be continuously making more, so there will never be a final "all of them together" post.

The conversions range between custom basing and extensive resculpting.

Alistair uses the head from Sebastian Cross- I had an extra since I used Cross' body for my Kingsman. His body comes from a Mistmourn Shaman, with his skirt sculpted on, and his weapons come from Kingdom Death sprues.

I really liked the idea of painting his eyes to match the prologue, even though he's clearly a Lantern Year 2+ survivor (since he's not barefoot, and has a bone blade).

For Zachary, I wanted a survivor that was a little more muscular than scrawny Alistair, so I used the body from Yokozuna (I still have the head for making a Sun Priest later).

Rail Raiders Infinite's Rhinestone took me by surprise. She just looked perfect for Kingdom Death, and just needed a color scheme that would work with the set.

It seemed wrong not to make a version of the crossover Candy and Cola for my Chibi Kingdom Death set. The head comes from Candy, and I found the best body to start from was a Shrine Ninja Kunoichi. Much of her skirt is sculpted on.

I would have put Cola on her skirt, but I got to thinking that he should be his own survivor. I haven't finished his conversion yet, but I'll make sure to share it.

The Plague Doctor doesn't seem like the most natural mini to make for Chibi Kingdom Death. I was looking through my bits box one day, and I found an old Rackham goblin, and I could see all of the conversion that I'd need to make.

For his color scheme, I decided to make a tribute to the Shovel Knight villain/hero Plague Knight. I'll probably do a couple other Shovel Knight characters as well (Specter Knight would make a good survivor as well).

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries
    LOVE the plague doctor. Any chance of showing these againsta 28mm scale mini to get an idea of how small they are?

When I first started planning a Chibi Kingdom Death project, I looked at all of the expansion monsters and considered which ones would just work well with chibis.

I concluded that Spiderlings were already mostly head- so they'd work perfectly with almost no changes.

For Spidicules herself, I just had to replace the dead survivor with a dangling dead chibi. I really love applying violent deaths to these super cute little survivors.

Spidicules is pretty huge, and he's one of the most difficult minis to photograph.

And the cute little spiderlings:

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries
    he could be my favourite of your work, its awesome!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast