Signup Now
Come on sign up, you know you want to. It's free and easy and you get to be even more awesome!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Rainbow Brush II

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries

The Rainbow Brush II

Last year, miniature painters worldwide came together to express our support of the LGBT community in response to cruel legislation. This year, we again have the chance to use our art to reinforce the message that gaming is for everyone. Muslims worldwide are facing oppression at an international level where all Muslims are being painted in the same negative light, so let’s raise our brushes in celebration of the achievements of Islamic culture. Let the soaring domes of the Taj Mahal, the allure of the Arabian Nights, and their contributions to astronomy, chemistry, math, and medicine inspire your entries for the 2016 Rainbow Brush.

This will be a large undertaking, because such a celebration should be as spectacular as effort can make it. I welcome anyone who wants to help by contributing ideas, donating prize support, or just sharing updates on social media.

Here’s the general outline of the contest:

The Contest

The contest is open to anyone and the rules are simple. Paint a miniature (or diorama) representing Islam in some way

Deadline

The contest is open for entries until 5pm Tuesday 30th August 2016 (GMT)

Prizes

TBC (But there are lots of awesome ones!)

There will be prizes awarded to 1st, 2nd and 3rd placed winners. Each will receive a mystery bundle. We wont tell you exactly whats in each but the prizes are great.

Judges Favourite
    As well as the main prizes there will also be a Judges Prize awarded. Quite simply you need to please Marike!! This will be handed out to entries that impress her in whatever way they can. Might be painting skill, imagination or showing the cause of in a great way.

Rules: (please read them!)

• You must be a Wamp Member to participate. Membership is free and you may register here.
    • You may enter as many times as you like but each entry may only submit one photograph so if you need more angles it MUST be a montage.
    • Images must be no larger than 1000 pixels wide by 4000 pixels high. (It is your responsibility to check this).
    • any additional photographs of that entry will be removed.
    • You give Wamp (including Portal Magazine), Destroyer Minis/Marike Reimer permission to use your pictures for publicity (but you do retain ownership).
    • Judging will be conducted by public vote
    • Submissions must be posted to the Contest Gallery You must make sure you select the correct contest option in the contest select box either during upload (if using the basic uploader) or via edit pictures after upload

The Gencon Event:This will be held at Gencon in Indianapolis as an add-on to the main event, and all entries will be subject to the rules of the main event. The 2015 rules can be (found here) There will be a form to fill out indicating that you want to participate in the contest.

In order to enter your mini in the contest, it will need to depict some aspect of Islamic culture which you find inspiring.
    Prize support will be along the following lines:

Technical Merit:

• 1st Place – Tier 1 prize
    • 2nd Place – Tier 2 prize
    • 3rd Place – Tier 3 prize

Theres so much hate in the world right now, but painting is a happy pursuit, lets use it to spread a little love
    Last edited by Darklord; 08-08-2016 at 05:19 PM.
    Available for Commissions Like my Facebook Page: Brett Johnson Designs

Shop at the Wampstore Wamp Corporate

I think you got the year wrong for the deadline ;)

I got to find the time to enter this!

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nils.H View Post
    I think you got the year wrong for the deadline ;)
    the joys of being a time traveller!

I'm a bit unsure about the theme...

"Let’s raise our brushes in celebration of the achievements of Islamic culture. Let the soaring domes of the Taj Mahal, the allure of the Arabian Nights, and their contributions to astronomy, chemistry, math, and medicine inspire your entries for the 2016 Rainbow Brush."

" Paint a miniature (or diorama) representing all the colours of the rainbow."

So does the entries need to have all the colors of the rainbow while at the same time being inspired by Islamic culture? Or is the part about using all colors just a copy-and-paste from last years contest that needs to be updated?

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries
    No that was me rushing and copying and pasting some bits from last years! The theme is Islam so no need to include specific colours this year

Thanks for the clarification. I was wondering the same thing. The title of the contest lends additional confusion to the copy-and-paste error. Last year the title made sense, this year less so IMO.
    Serenity
    All I want is to have my peace of mind.(Boston)

Been thinking on this since it first popped up but really struggling for inspiration. Anyone brimming with ideas?

I'm not sure that I'll be able to finish my entry. The stuff I ordered never got shipped so I had to come up with something new and now I just need to get it painted.

possumcraft: Well my first idea was to make a small café setting with someone drinking coffee. Before researching it I had no idea that coffee might have come from the Islam world. Not the best idea but the best I came up with lol.

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries
    Lots of Islamic inspired warriors and architecture, crusades,etc.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast