Signup Now
Come on sign up, you know you want to. It's free and easy and you get to be even more awesome!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help me raise money for Charity

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries

Help me raise money for Charity

Not mini-related folks but I am going to be attempting two gruelling cycling events next month to try and raise money for the Make-A-Wish Foundation that makes the dreams of terminally ill children come true.

What am I doing?
    I shall be attempting two demanding cycling events back to back on consecutive days.
    On the 15th May I shall take part in the Grizedale Grizzly. A gruelling off road ride in the Lake District. Comprising of 63 miles of steep technical climbs and 5467 ft of climbing in a single ride. On its own this is a tough ride!
    To make things tougher though Two days later! I will take part in the coast 2 Coast challenge. This classic trial will take place over three days, riding from Whitehaven in Cumbria to Sunderland. This will be 135 miles and 9500ft of climbing.
    So in 4 days I aim to complete almost 200 miles and 15000ft of climbing ( the equivalent of riding up Mont Blanc or halfway up Mt Everest!!)
    Why am I doing it?
    Two reasons. The first and most important is to raise money for a great charity. Make a Wish helps make dreams come true for terminally ill children, giving happiness at a difficult time. Its a World renowned organisation and does so much good.
    The second reason is more personal. Its about personal attainment. I have spent most of my adult life overweight and suffer from anxiety and depression which has exacerbated things. Several months ago I forced myself to change things and took up cycling. In that time I have lost nearly 4 stone and gone from struggling to ride a couple of miles to regularly doing gruelling mtb trails and events. This task is certainly a tough one. Just the Grizedale Grizzly on its own would be the toughest thing I have physically done, add in the coast to coast straight after and you can see it's going to take a lot, both mentally and physically.

Training
    I have been training hard in order to complete this challenge, spending long hours in the saddle doing around 100+ miles a week riding. Tortuous off road rides in gales, rain, hail and snow! I have been doing off the bike exercise too. Health Eating and have only drink alcohol once in the months such is my commitment!! I have and continue to put in a lot of hours to try and complete the challenge before me.
    I would love to be able to make it worthwhile by raising as much as possible for a great cause to help bring some sunshine into terminally ill children's lives.
    Thanks for reading and if you can donate thank you so much, it means a lot.
    Of course sharing this page would be fantastic too.

Thanks
    Brett

you can read more (and donate!) via the link:

https://www.justgiving.com/BrettJ

Or if your UK based you can text

Attached Images Attached Images
    Available for Commissions Like my Facebook Page: Brett Johnson Designs

Shop at the Wampstore Wamp Corporate

2. Loving your work These users all liked this awesome post:: Brambleten,vegascat
    Good luck, fella!
    Nerodine (blog, WIP thread)

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nerodine View Post
    Good luck, fella!
    cheers and thanks for your kind donation.

Good luck DL

Kickstarted
    Super Wamp
    Blog Entries
    Typical that the same day you've chosen to be closest to my house is the same day I'm not in the county!

Good luck with it all, great cause.
    Miniatures Completed In 2017 - 6 2016 - 24 2015 - ​18
    Eldar Challenge - Points Painted 482/4000
    Brambleten Attempts to apply paint to metal, resin and plastic with varying levels of success

7. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! Darklord

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brambleten View Post
    Typical that the same day you've chosen to be closest to my house is the same day I'm not in the county!

Good luck with it all, great cause.
    But luckily the day off between events is also the date of our 2nd leg playoff game ! (assuming we make it that far!)

Good luck!!

Wear padded shorts!

Good Luck,

Wear Padded shorts!

Good luck on the rides! I'll check the site and see if I can make a donation.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast