Signup Now
Come on sign up, you know you want to. It's free and easy and you get to be even more awesome!

Thread: "Out of Business" starring Mafuku

"Out of Business" starring Mafuku

This was my large category entry for 2016 Crystal Brush. The model is Mafuku by Kaha miniatures. I made this for a friend of mine to break myself out of some painters block that experienced a few months back. She wanted an elephant because she believes in stopping the illegal poaching of ivory. At first I was hoping that she would pick a fantasy figure, something easy maybe.. Noo.. an elephant.. I'm like, great, where the hell I'm gonna find one of them. A couple google searches later and I found Mafuku and bam, it filled all the checkmarks. Was a fun miniature to paint, prolly because he was so angry.. I figured the scene would be the end results of a poacher taking his ivory to market and Mafuku put em outta business, in typical New York City style. I received some feedback from Justin McCoy at Adepticon, I guess the weakest part of the whole piece was the plinth, the color was too light and too shiny. Live and learn I suppose. I would love any feedback that you all have on this site on this piece. I appreciate it.

Khonner

2. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! vegascat
    That's really cool. Love the look and the idea of it.

Can we get a close up of the warrior?

Hello,

Here is the link to the whole album for him. This contains a few WIPs during the process and the previous attempt at the base.

http://s1284.photobucket.com/user/Kh...library/Mafuku

Destroyer of Ladders Enlightened Wamp vegascat's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I love it, tells a great story.
    Miniatures painted in 2015: 21

I've Been Wagged! http://www.wamp-forum.com/VB4/showth...844#post158844

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries
    thats awesome. reminds me of a rackham mini I painted once with a big elephant head. great scene
    Available for Commissions Like my Facebook Page: Brett Johnson Designs

Shop at the Wampstore Wamp Corporate

I appreciate it!

Wamp Guru
    Blog Entries
    Love this but it's not the plinth which is a problem. To be honest it's the 'base' the scene is on - foamboard by the look of it. The edges look 'unfinished' as they are uneven and rough. I think a surround of wood strip (or square section), maybe stained balsa, would really set it off and complement the plinth.
    "I lOVE your attitude Wag - painting for the hell of it, because you want to - one of the best things I did was invite you over here as to me you invoke the wamp spirit perfectly." - thankyou DL !

"...you've done things with Blood Bowl Orcs that I wouldn't have thought possible. Certainly wouldn't have thought they were sensible!..." - Lobo, Iron Painter 8 competition