Signup Now
Come on sign up, you know you want to. It's free and easy and you get to be even more awesome!
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Iron Painter 2016

well deserved...

Normski, Donald and me beat our opponents as well and remain in our respective tiers.
    Gujozec unfortunately lost (to a late entry, that was allowed nonetheless :/ ) and is now in the silver tier with me and Norm...
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    The best thing my mates & I have done: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWG9MFQ6Tcs

Me on Putty&Paint

Quote Originally Posted by Demonn View Post
    Gujozec unfortunately lost (to a late entry, that was allowed nonetheless :/ )
    What's the story behind that? Was there some sort of snafu?

Wamp Guru
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by supervike View Post
    Technical problems and the fact that the finish time was different to the first round so people had a few less hours than they thought - despite Curtis putting up a countdown timer.

There's quite a few unhappy people at the moment due to low scores and 'lack of chances of winning'. Truth is they're just a bunch of whingers, the rules were clear before the competition started and the judges were no secret. Lack of theme interpretation, poor photos which don't show off the painting skill and poorly arranged models (aesthetics) are the main causes for the scores plus the different appreciation and interpretation of each judge. This years format is much fairer than previous in that lesser mortals can progress further but in the end it is a competition which attracts top painters who are willing to risk their time and efforts for nothing more than the fun of competing, which is more than can be said for some of the lower order entrants.

The only 'unfair' aspect is that I've gotten through to round 3 with Bloodbowl Orcs - I bet there are some who are really p****d off when they used Wyrd models.
    "I lOVE your attitude Wag - painting for the hell of it, because you want to - one of the best things I did was invite you over here as to me you invoke the wamp spirit perfectly." - thankyou DL !

"...you've done things with Blood Bowl Orcs that I wouldn't have thought possible. Certainly wouldn't have thought they were sensible!..." - Lobo, Iron Painter 8 competition

6. Loving your work These users all liked this awesome post:: supervike,vegascat

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by waghorn41 View Post
    In shock right now - just found out I beat my opponent and therefore progress to Round 3.

think we all are
    Available for Commissions Like my Facebook Page: Brett Johnson Designs

Shop at the Wampstore Wamp Corporate

8. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! vegascat
    Quote Originally Posted by supervike View Post
    what wag said plus the fact that her opponent actually admitted he mistook the time of the deadline. It was not a techincal glitch in the gallery in his case as was the case with some other entrants...
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    The best thing my mates & I have done: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWG9MFQ6Tcs

Me on Putty&Paint

new theme:
    Wyrd Science (let me guess, Vike, you also had this before? )

pairings:
    Gold tier
    Donald against an unknown
    Luke Wilson against the guy who knocked out Ana with a late entry

Silver tier
    Ana (Gujozec) vs Normski - should be fun
    I'm against the biggest douche this side of the Breach
    Marta against an unknown

Bronze tier
    Wag against an unknown

I think I covered all.. if not, I'm sorry :)
    Awards:
    Activity Award

Me on Putty&Paint

I'm sure everyone will be rooting for you this round Demonn!

I've got a tough opponent this round, but at least he's not one of the four opponents I really wanted to avoid. So I am reasonably happy about that.

As for the theme... Not really a big fan, but I think I've got an idea, at least :)

12. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! Demonn
    Kickstarted
    Super Wamp
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonn View Post
    I'm against the biggest douche this side of the Breach
    But you said Norm was against Ana?
    The Chilling Network - home of #nonstopwargaming :)

14. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! Demonn

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast