Signup Now
Come on sign up, you know you want to. It's free and easy and you get to be even more awesome!
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Iron Painter 2016

Great rant Wag!
    I posted my own wordy and disjointed comment as well :)

Obviously, I am happy with the score I got!
    With so many entries and grades it's inevitable that some are unhappy with the results. Some entries did get lower scores than I would have given them (present company included!) but there really isn't much of a way around that.
    I just graded the Crystal Brush entries. So many awesome pieces that all deserve to win. But only three of them are going to place among the overall winners.

I will work hard to remain in the gold tier, but it's possible I will be matched up against one of you before long!

2. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! Demonn
    I'll pass you on to Wag
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    The best thing my mates & I have done: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWG9MFQ6Tcs

Me on Putty&Paint

Quote Originally Posted by Demonn View Post
    I'll pass you on to Wag

If I'm paired up against Wag I'll to use Bloodbowl orcs too.

Edit: Where do you even get Bloodbowl orcs? Do they still make them? All I see are used ones on eBay...

What are bloodbowl orcs anyway? ;)
    Last edited by Donald Johansson; 02-04-2016 at 11:39 PM.

5. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! Demonn
    I don't care for the format they are using. The non posting of the actual judges score doesn't appeal to me either.

But, I really hate the non fun, ranting, spoilsports that are now a real part of the contest. It seems they are bolder now, even more than in last years run.

7. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! Demonn
    I agree with you, Vike.
    I PMd Curtis and suggested that for the next year's they include the following rule:
    "arguing and commenting judges' decissions is a disqualifying offence!"

imagine someone posting such crap on CMON forum about Crystal Brush judging/voting. He'd be banned within 5 minutes, let alone disqualified from the comp...
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    The best thing my mates & I have done: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWG9MFQ6Tcs

Me on Putty&Paint

Wamp Guru
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Johansson View Post
    If I'm paired up against Wag I'll to use Bloodbowl orcs too.

Edit: Where do you even get Bloodbowl orcs? Do they still make them? All I see are used ones on eBay...

What are bloodbowl orcs anyway? ;)
    My Bloodbowl Orcs came from the box set bought around 1998ish for myself and my kids. We never actually played it but I did paint up the human team plus cheerleaders - sold them on ebay the other year. The Orcs just sat until a comp came up and I had this wild idea, and the rest as they say is history. I use the same orcs all the time, just strip the paint off and start again - sometimes with a little surgery Strangely enough there are 1 or 2 people who actually look forward to my entries. Somebody once suggested I write a book '1001 uses for Bloodbowl Orcs' which is why they're all in my '1001 uses' gallery here on Wamp.
    "I lOVE your attitude Wag - painting for the hell of it, because you want to - one of the best things I did was invite you over here as to me you invoke the wamp spirit perfectly." - thankyou DL !

"...you've done things with Blood Bowl Orcs that I wouldn't have thought possible. Certainly wouldn't have thought they were sensible!..." - Lobo, Iron Painter 8 competition

10. Loving your work These users all liked this awesome post:: Demonn,Donald Johansson
    ROUND 2 theme: Better off (un)dead

none of us got paired together, so that's ok.

now to come up with a good idea...
    Awards:
    Activity Award

Me on Putty&Paint

Hmm....I think we had that theme before too.

Lol.. think Nathan's been influencing that one as well...

not too keen on it...

always hate the themes with (xy) in them. never know how the judges will see the theme. (as the "better off dead" is definitely not the same as "better of undead".) and I don't want to be guessing...
    Awards:
    Activity Award

Me on Putty&Paint

Wamp Guru
    Blog Entries
    Saw the theme and thought it might be difficult with BB orcs but had an idea a few minutes later so it's on the way. Just a single miniature this time. You'll like it, not a lot, but you'll like it
    "I lOVE your attitude Wag - painting for the hell of it, because you want to - one of the best things I did was invite you over here as to me you invoke the wamp spirit perfectly." - thankyou DL !

"...you've done things with Blood Bowl Orcs that I wouldn't have thought possible. Certainly wouldn't have thought they were sensible!..." - Lobo, Iron Painter 8 competition

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast