Signup Now
Come on sign up, you know you want to. It's free and easy and you get to be even more awesome!
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Iron Painter 2016

Wamp Guru
    Blog Entries
    That's it, I'm done. Lots of problems as my new primer didn't like my old paints. Definitely challenging to combine Wyrd with Bloodbowl Orcs but at least I entered something and didn't DNF. Reckon I'll be beaten this round. Anyways it's always fun to take part - and I can use that word on Wamp
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I lOVE your attitude Wag - painting for the hell of it, because you want to - one of the best things I did was invite you over here as to me you invoke the wamp spirit perfectly." - thankyou DL !

"...you've done things with Blood Bowl Orcs that I wouldn't have thought possible. Certainly wouldn't have thought they were sensible!..." - Lobo, Iron Painter 8 competition

and done...

Awards:
    Activity Award
    The best thing my mates & I have done: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWG9MFQ6Tcs

Me on Putty&Paint

3. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! NeatPete
    It looks great Demonn!

The deadline has passed, so now we just need to wait for the judges decisions...

Here is my entry.

Attached Images Attached Images

5. Loving your work These users all liked this awesome post:: Demonn,NeatPete
    Great entries, both of you!

Best of luck.

7. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! Demonn

Wamp Guru
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by supervike View Post
    Great entries, both of you!

Best of luck.
    Vikey, I'm hurt to the core. This wamper is still in and although almost certainly to get thrashed by Dr E some moral support would have been nice. Personally I think my entry is better theme wise and aesthetically but he beats me on technical skills.

But don't worry Vikey old chap, I won't hold it against you. I only enter for fun, and yes I must be mad to have entered IP so many times with my crazy creations. Of course there is the possibility that my entries are getting Wamp a bad reputation...
    "I lOVE your attitude Wag - painting for the hell of it, because you want to - one of the best things I did was invite you over here as to me you invoke the wamp spirit perfectly." - thankyou DL !

"...you've done things with Blood Bowl Orcs that I wouldn't have thought possible. Certainly wouldn't have thought they were sensible!..." - Lobo, Iron Painter 8 competition

9. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! supervike
    I am sure it was just an oversight on Vike's part :)
    For some reason mine and Demonn's pictures show up in the posts, whereas yours is just shows as a link.
    I agree with your assessment of your matchup. You definitely have the stronger theme.

I guess Curtis is leaving Wyrd, so Brian Gresham is taking over the MC responsibilities for the contest. It sounds like he has all the numbers for this round, but is working on putting it all together. Seems to be taking a while...

I like to French Kiss Racoons
    Wamp Apostle
    Blog Entries
    ha-ha even the MC wasn't iron enough finish.

12. Loving your work These users all liked this awesome post:: Demonn,supervike
    Quote Originally Posted by waghorn41 View Post
    Vikey, I'm hurt to the core. This wamper is still in and although almost certainly to get thrashed by Dr E some moral support would have been nice. Personally I think my entry is better theme wise and aesthetically but he beats me on technical skills.

But don't worry Vikey old chap, I won't hold it against you. I only enter for fun, and yes I must be mad to have entered IP so many times with my crazy creations. Of course there is the possibility that my entries are getting Wamp a bad reputation...

Oh, my apologies.

I was talking about your and Donald's entry!!!

The 'both' of you.

(not that Demonn dude)

Still bringing the smack!

14. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! Demonn
    well you jinxed me, Vike. I dropped to Bronze, sorry to say, the rude guy won...

anyway, I get to enjoy this next round doing what I want (and not trying to guess what judges want to see)... hopefully, something X-rated can be done with the next theme...
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    The best thing my mates & I have done: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWG9MFQ6Tcs

Me on Putty&Paint

Wamp Guru
    Blog Entries
    Well I'm out. Can't understand my VERY low score of 17 though. If I scored (from each judge) 1/5 for technical, 2/5 for theme and 3/10 for aesthetic that would give me 18 - and those really are low scores. Thought I hit theme pretty well, science - BBOrc with tentacle arm - in the Caroland Genetices Institute, Wyrd Oiran as doctor with syringe, Wyrd Beckoner as nurse, reasonably clear theme base. Disappointed and not sure whether I'll bother going on in the Elim category this year, might be my last year in IP anyway - eyes and hands don't co-operate like they used to.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast