Signup Now
Come on sign up, you know you want to. It's free and easy and you get to be even more awesome!

Thread: Help with plinths

Help with plinths

Hi all I have a question about plinths and sizes and getting the right one for busts and my question is there a sort of size of plinth for a scale for a bust. Being a total beginner at busts and plinths need advice.

hmmm, I've never really seen any rules of advice for this. What I usually do is either sketch out a box the size of what I want to try and judge it. Or make squares out of paper and put them under the base to try and judge it.

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries
    I just find one that looks right though I have the advantage of having a load in stock to hand. I generally go for one roughly the same size as the bust itself
    Available for Commissions Like my Facebook Page: Brett Johnson Designs

Shop at the Wampstore Wamp Corporate

4. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! vegascat
    generally the plinth will not be bigger than the bust.. if you get a plinth that is the same whidth as the shoulders on the bust that is generally as big as you would go for that bust. ya can go a little thinner but not too much as it would look top heavy. and a wider plinth would swallow up the bust..

if ya use the shoulser whidth rule ya will be fine... but usually if its right with your eye then its fine..