Signup Now
Come on sign up, you know you want to. It's free and easy and you get to be even more awesome!

Thread: Khanjira the World Breaker

Khanjira the World Breaker

During Reaper’s Bones Kickstarter, it became apparent to everyone that one of the best uses for Bones Plastic material is to create massive minis that are relatively inexpensive.

It is great for the slightly large monsters (I’d rather spend less on ogres and bugbears) but it is particularly great for some of the absolutely massive minis that in the past have put me back hundreds.

Here is Khanjira the World Breaker- a fantastic monster that resembles the Pathfinder Terrasque. To me, he looks just right to be the Iron Kingdoms Chimera- an insane dragon whose shape keeps changing.

To go with this interpretation, I used a sort of “Everblight” composition for him- light colored skin with dark colored armor plating.

Overall, I feel this approach worked quite well. Have a look:

2. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! vegascat
    It looks amazing. And I will agree with you on the quality of Reaper's Bone series, the bigger it is, the better the detail quality.

Yes- also the newer ones are much better than the older ones. Bones II human characters have much better faces and depth of detail than similar minis from Bones I.

I've heard that the sculptors have been learning what sort of details cast well in the materials, and how deep they need to make details for them to show up.

Destroyer of Ladders Enlightened Wamp vegascat's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I don't know why, but it still surprises me when someone takes a model I generally don't like and knocks out a wonderful paint job on it. I hadn't thought of using it as a warbeast, it would be a really cool alternate model. Wonderful painting on it, I really like it!
    Miniatures painted in 2015: 21

I've Been Wagged! http://www.wamp-forum.com/VB4/showth...844#post158844

@odinsgrandson, what helped to decide on your choice of the purple (and fade through to the normal skin tone) on the lips, palm of hand and tail?

7. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! vegascat

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries
    nice work fella. Im not feeling the teeth, combo of the black lining and look on colour, I think a brighter whiter highlight would help sharpen them up.

still think hes great though
    Available for Commissions Like my Facebook Page: Brett Johnson Designs

Shop at the Wampstore Wamp Corporate

Quote Originally Posted by bmaclean3476 View Post
    @odinsgrandson, what helped to decide on your choice of the purple (and fade through to the normal skin tone) on the lips, palm of hand and tail?
    I tend to look for those kinds of fades whenever I'm dealing with that much skin. It's just best to break it up with some variety.

A lot of monsters can use a little fade.

The colors to fade to are usually either red or purple (or something in between). Purple just felt right for him- probably to contrast better with the yellow. I think that if I'd had a little more neutral a color, I might have gone with a more magenta sort of color.

Thanks for the information. It is good to learn more.