Signup Now
Come on sign up, you know you want to. It's free and easy and you get to be even more awesome!

Thread: Hi from Australia

Hi from Australia

Hi Everyone,

I enjoy the painting side of the hobby more than the game side. Not many better things than a beer and painting some mini's. I am very intermittent in painting but like checking out the the excellent work of others as a bit of hope and inspiration. I paint mostly GW stuff and have enjoyed most of them but I am looking to move away from them for something different. I have been checking out the Malifaux line and they look pretty good. Any others I should be checking out? Any advice for moving away from GW paints or should I stick with them? Any advice on paint brushes after GW ones?

I'll have to find my camera to take some photos of my mini's.

Catch you all later and elsewhere in the forums.

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries
    welcome along mate. common story, plenty come here as GW folk and soon broaden their horizon. so many companies out there and it depends on what sort of thin you like to paint.

In terms of Paint I mainly use Vallejo but the P3 paints are good. The new Scale75 ScaleColor paints are very popular especially the metallics.

If you want some inspiration (without any requirement to buy!) you can have a look in our own store:
    www.wampstore.com
    Available for Commissions Like my Facebook Page: Brett Johnson Designs

Shop at the Wampstore Wamp Corporate

I like to French Kiss Racoons
    Wamp Apostle
    Blog Entries
    Welcome! I have a fair number of gw paints, I hate thier pots, but otherwise they do alright. So many great companies out there these days it really depends on what you like. Fantasy, scifi, modern, true scale, heroic stuff.

im personally a fan of red box games for fantasy, infinity for scifi. I used to love malifaux but many of the plastics have been disapointing. If you can get some of the metals, I would recommend those for sure.

bust out the camera and share some pics!

welcome to WAMP.. coming from Australia you should check out Guild of Harmony Miniatures run by Seb Archer he is a Aussie lad nice chappy too.. he also has Twisted miniatures awesome stuff... take a look in the WAMP store too for all your needs ;-)

Wamp Guru
    Blog Entries
    welcome to the wampness
    "I lOVE your attitude Wag - painting for the hell of it, because you want to - one of the best things I did was invite you over here as to me you invoke the wamp spirit perfectly." - thankyou DL !

"...you've done things with Blood Bowl Orcs that I wouldn't have thought possible. Certainly wouldn't have thought they were sensible!..." - Lobo, Iron Painter 8 competition

Hi Normski,
    Thanks for the Tip on Guild of Harmony Miniatures. Some nice looking miniatures and local as well.
    I think I have found my next birthday present.