Signup Now
Come on sign up, you know you want to. It's free and easy and you get to be even more awesome!

Thread: Lanyssa Ryssyll final

Lanyssa Ryssyll final

Here is my final for this project. I'm entering this next week at Warmachine Weekend, so I'm hopeful. Comments and feedback are welcome! Thanks.

Wamp Guru
    Blog Entries
    Looks good but the figure within the whole picture is too small to really comment on. Any chance of some close ups?
    "I lOVE your attitude Wag - painting for the hell of it, because you want to - one of the best things I did was invite you over here as to me you invoke the wamp spirit perfectly." - thankyou DL !

"...you've done things with Blood Bowl Orcs that I wouldn't have thought possible. Certainly wouldn't have thought they were sensible!..." - Lobo, Iron Painter 8 competition

Here you go..

4. Loving your work These users all liked this awesome post:: Brambleten,vegascat
    Khonner the pink Highlight on the hair is too extreme..( in my opinion)
    If you have time to do it i would take you base colour for the hair and go over the pink then gradually add the pink in to the purple and layer up you could mange at least 5 or 6 steps then with ya mid tone glaze it to pull it all together??
    Your paint would need to be almost a milky consistancy.. 1 0r 2 passes with each layer before adding more pink..

hope you understand that lol

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries
    I like the scene setting. I might have been tempted to go for a paler grass to tie in with the scorched earth. It looks a bit green and refreshed to match the earth!
    Also maybe a largish rock in the rear left corner (not too tall but just enough to create a slight framing).

Best of luck with the comp mate
    Available for Commissions Like my Facebook Page: Brett Johnson Designs

Shop at the Wampstore Wamp Corporate

Kickstarted
    Super Wamp
    Blog Entries
    She's a nice piece Khonner, love the change in tone through the cloak.

Norm's hit the nail on the head about the hair I think. The highlights on the front on the bottom left and right just look a little too extreme to be a natural tint thanks to the light - the top of the head and the mid-left strand on the back look a lot more gradual.

If you were to try out some of Norm's suggestions I think the highlights might turn from a distraction to lines directing you into the center of the piece.

Also, maybe a smidge of black or brown ink along the banding on the scabbard might really make it pop :)
    The Chilling Network - home of #nonstopwargaming :)

I appreciate the feedback guys. I managed to get a bronze for this piece. I have made a few adjustments per your suggestions. I think what really messed me up in the eyes of the judges was in fact the eyes. They didn't read it as warpaint, but they thought that I was attempting a blue OSL effect. Once I explained what I tried to do, it made more sense to them. Overall, they liked the scene, so I'm pretty happy with that. So far, it's my highest score at CMON, which I'm pretty happy about. Here is the updated picture..

Kickstarted
    Super Wamp
    Blog Entries
    Well done on the bronze :)
    The Chilling Network - home of #nonstopwargaming :)

I really like the cracked earth effect. May I ask how you did it?

Distressed crackle paint. http://www.timholtz.com/cracklepaint.htm, the clear rock candy one. Just a thick layer of that and let it dry. Sorry it took me so long to answer your question.