Signup Now
Come on sign up, you know you want to. It's free and easy and you get to be even more awesome!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Knight Models Launch Legends

I like to French Kiss Racoons
    Wamp Apostle
    Blog Entries
    I can't post a pic with IE 11 at work...

http://www.gamewire.belloflostsouls....ed-369x472.jpg

Destroyer of Ladders Enlightened Wamp vegascat's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    LOL. And I can't accesses BOLS at work because its a "gaming" site. :P
    Miniatures painted in 2015: 21

I've Been Wagged! http://www.wamp-forum.com/VB4/showth...844#post158844

Kickstarted
    Super Wamp
    Blog Entries

AK Batmobile, posed in Battle Mode. There are 2 modes in the video game - Normal and Battle. Battle mode sees the turret pop out and (for lack of a better term) the 4 limbs move away from the body of the vehicle slightly to allow for 360 degree movement on the tyres.
    Miniatures Completed In 2017 - 6 2016 - 24 2015 - ​18
    Eldar Challenge - Points Painted 482/4000
    Brambleten Attempts to apply paint to metal, resin and plastic with varying levels of success

4. Loving your work These users all liked this awesome post:: NeatPete,vegascat,warhammergrimace
    I sure hope it's up to the modeller on which 'mode' to put it in....

What do you recon that beastie will cost? I'd be shocked if it's under 100 dollars (American)

6. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! vegascat
    Wamp Apostle
    Blog Entries
    Haha, Brambleten to the rescue!

is video game a typo? What does a video game have to do with a miniature game?

Remember when our transformer toys would go into both modes and come prepainted?

8. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! vegascat
    Wamp Apostle
    Blog Entries
    35mm licensed resin cast vehicle from KM. I'd guess $200 plus shipping!

10. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! supervike
    Quote Originally Posted by NeatPete View Post
    Haha, Brambleten to the rescue!

is video game a typo? What does a video game have to do with a miniature game?

Remember when our transformer toys would go into both modes and come prepainted?
    Yes....the video game is the Arkham Batman Series. Most of the KM Batman models are modelled after the games.

12. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! NeatPete
    Kickstarted
    Super Wamp
    Blog Entries
    Aye, the licence was brought in around the time of Arkham City and has since taken a lot of development from Origins and now in the past 3-4 months Knight. They've added in material from the comics and the more recent films - they don't have the licence for any of the pre Nolan films so no Arnie Mr Freeze etc.

This particular batmobile is the one designed for the Arkham Knight video game but if it's a hit we'll probably see a few more.

Not sure on the price, but I would be surprised if it allowed you to choose which mode to build. From the two pictures of it (the main one and the small cut out) we can see the tyres appear to be on two different angles but until there is more info about it it's only speculation.

It's also worth remembering that Knight are a tiny company that managed to land licences to two of the biggest brands in the world and have experienced a massive influx of new players and interest since the release of the rule book a few months ago. They're still trying to get to grips with the expanded interest base in getting the worldwide audience supplied with gangs so starting off slow with the big things might not be such a bad idea until they're happy with how the main line is situated. Just my opinion though, could be completely off the mark :)
    Brambleten Attempts to apply paint to metal, resin and plastic with varying levels of success

Kickstarted
    Super Wamp
    Blog Entries
    I take it back on the pricing. Knight have launched their new web store and have put November's releases up for order. A Batmobile (that can be built in either normal or battle mode) will cost 57 euros, while an Arkham Asylum kit will cost 231 euros.

on the up side, only a couple of blisters I want this month and the Marvel game appears to be "coming soon"

Will sort out links and images when I'm back from work.

15. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! NeatPete
    Kickstarted
    Super Wamp
    Blog Entries
    First up, here is a link to the brand new Knight Models site which can be viewed in both Spanish and English.

All prices are in euros. The KM website has more pics of both the Batmobile and Arkham, but they won't give me any links to copy across to here so I've linked the pages in their names.

Knight Models Legends -

AK Batmobile - Resin and White Metal kit - 57.85 (The only metal piece appears to be the cannon.

Arkham Asylum - MDF and White Metal (just a couple of statues) - 231.40

General Knight Models releases (available from where ever you get your KM fix)

Joker - The Killing Joke - 16.49 - Joker Gang Leader

Gatling Brute - 18.18 - Harley/Joker Gang Henchman

Spice and Two Face Thugs - 33.02 - Two Face Gang Sidekick and Henchmen

Militia Set 1 - 16.49 - 2 Scarecrow Gang Henchmen

Scarecrow markers - 7.07 - 10 plastic markers for recording action points on cards.

A couple of notes. The prices on these general releases are more expensive than equivalent releases last month - around a 4 euro increase on a gang blister and 2-3 on a small 1-2 man blister or "large" mini blister.

Second, when buying from Knight Direct, they add on tax to the prices. This used to be done pre shipping but now, whether it's a glitch or a deliberate change, it's applied after shipping so (like Hasslefree) you are paying VAT on the postage costs as well as the minis in addition to the listed price which currently makes the 58 Euro Batmobile 70 including shipping under the current exchange rates.

17. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! Demonn

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast