Signup Now
Come on sign up, you know you want to. It's free and easy and you get to be even more awesome!

Thread: The lord of piggies

The lord of piggies

Here's my most recent painting. For the most part I like how it came out. I Already have fixed the ear ring and the spot on the blade. Noticed that after I toke the pics :(. My questions are how can I bring out the skin tones even more? Also how to repaint a spot on a surface that has been painted to look like metal. Every time I try to repaint it it looks bad.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries
    Like him mate. Good colour choice. I think on the flesh it feels a bit flat and pallid. I would look to add more depth to the shading, I think maybe a purple added to the midtone would be my choice, you can then work the highlight up a little more, mainly around the face.

As for the spot you just have to try and blend in as best you can or do some weathering like rust which can be used to hide blemishes.
    Available for Commissions Like my Facebook Page: Brett Johnson Designs

Shop at the Wampstore Wamp Corporate

Thanks, how would a purple add the flesh tone to the model?

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries
    not sure if you mean how to add it or why add it?

How to I would use glazing (thin washes) and work it into the shading areas, be subtle, you can always do a few layers if needed.

As to why add it well it adds colour interest but also if you look at most materials the shadows and highlighted areas are often a different colour to the rest, its rarerly a case if just the midtone being darker or brighter. I often use a purple wash on flesh (as well as everything else!) and I find it works well.
    Available for Commissions Like my Facebook Page: Brett Johnson Designs

Shop at the Wampstore Wamp Corporate

Thanks, that makes since.

Very cool mini! I totally agree that the face needs more POP. It should be the focal point of the mini, but seems to get washed out.