Signup Now
Come on sign up, you know you want to. It's free and easy and you get to be even more awesome!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rotten Harvest 2015

Rotten Harvest 2015

from Wyrd forum:

What do pumpkins, witches, zombies, and blood-curdling screams have in common? Well they are all things that usher in the Halloween season! As Harvest and Halloween approach that also means it is time for another Rotten Harvest Painting Competition!

Round about the paint pot go. On the palette throw
    Royal blue and blood red. Thirty-seven Days of Dread;
    Double, double toil and trouble; Fire burn, and paint pot bubble.

Miniatures can be submitted any time during the contest, though none will be showcased until the day voting begins. Submissions will be accepted from October 1st up till midnight EST (GMT -5) on November 2nd, 2015. Submissions after the cutoff date will not be accepted, no exceptions. Your entry will not be visible until voting starts. If you need to make a change upload the image again and inform Brian Gresham via PM on the Wyrd forum to remove the old file.
    We will take two days to sort the entries (Nov. 2-3) then open the voting polls on November 4th. The voting will remain open until midnight EST (MGT -5) on November 11th. The winner in each category will be decided by whichever entry receives the most votes. Every forum member has 1 vote per category. In the case of a tie, Wyrd will have an internal vote to decide the winner.
    For complete Wyrd painting competition rules, please see attached file.

Overall Prizes
    The three prizes below are available once and will be selected from all of the contest category entries.

Best in Show
    The best overall model in the contest: prize is $100USD gift voucher to the Wyrd online webstore on top of any other prizes or categories you may win.
    Best Base or Diorama
    The model that we feel tells the best story: prize is $50USD gift voucher to the Wyrd online webstore on top of any other prizes or categories you may win.
    Best of Wyrd
    Prize for the best Wyrd Miniatures entry (chosen by Wyrd staff): prize is a $100USD gift voucher to the Wyrd online webstore on top of any other prizes or categories you may win.

Categories
    Each theme will have 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place prizes. Each will be a gift voucher to the Wyrd online webstore for $75, $50, and $25 respectively (all in USD).

WITCHES AND WARLOCKS
    Spellcasters of all sorts. If they carry a wand, cast a spell or even have a hint of mysticism to them, this is the category for them.
    NOT QUITE DEAD YET
    Stumbling around after all the major organ functions have shut down? Have a beef with the living? This category is for the Undead, or as they like to be called the 'Living Impaired'.
    THINGS THAT GO BUMP IN THE NIGHT
    Creatures, critters, monsters and other things that have a tendency towards anti-social behavior and prowl the night looking for victims. Caution, here be Monsters!
    TRICK OR TREAT
    This is our catch-all category as there are some miniatures that are just right for the theme but just don't seem to fall into any other category. Zombie Hunters, pumpkin characters, and certainly several miniatures we never would have even contemplated.
    A HERO'S DEMISE (Diorama Event)
    Everyone loves a diorama of a hero fighting for his life! But whether a poor fighter, overwhelmingly outmatched, or just plain unlucky, these heroes didnít make itÖ.

RulesRottenHarvest.pdf

[/COLOR]
    Last edited by Darklord; 28-09-2015 at 09:30 AM.
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    The best thing my mates & I have done: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWG9MFQ6Tcs

Me on Putty&Paint

Is it just me or is that unreadable?

Demonn just doesn't want too many competitors from the Wamp, 'cause he knows we're the BEST! ;)

Quote Originally Posted by supervike View Post
    Is it just me or is that unreadable?
    don't know, I just copy pasted everything. Reads fine for me. I do have Wamp Light background, though...
    I'll change the colour of the font into red. maybe that helps
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    The best thing my mates & I have done: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWG9MFQ6Tcs

Me on Putty&Paint

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries
    fixed it.

Might enter this, should be painting again this week and need to do a practice piece to get back in the flow. Just be a quick and simple effort
    Available for Commissions Like my Facebook Page: Brett Johnson Designs

Shop at the Wampstore Wamp Corporate

6. Loving your work These users all liked this awesome post:: Demonn,Donald Johansson

Wamp Guru
    Blog Entries
    I've got the ideal mini so might throw it in for the fun.
    "I lOVE your attitude Wag - painting for the hell of it, because you want to - one of the best things I did was invite you over here as to me you invoke the wamp spirit perfectly." - thankyou DL !

"...you've done things with Blood Bowl Orcs that I wouldn't have thought possible. Certainly wouldn't have thought they were sensible!..." - Lobo, Iron Painter 8 competition

8. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! Demonn
    looking forward to it, Wag... another BB ork? (or are those IP exclusives? )

the only thing I don't like about the RH is the "no pics allowed" rule. hurts the hobby intermingling part of the event...
    Awards:
    Activity Award

Me on Putty&Paint

11. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! Demonn

Wamp Guru
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonn View Post
    looking forward to it, Wag... another BB ork? (or are those IP exclusives? )
    Yes the BBO's are reserved for IP
    "I lOVE your attitude Wag - painting for the hell of it, because you want to - one of the best things I did was invite you over here as to me you invoke the wamp spirit perfectly." - thankyou DL !

"...you've done things with Blood Bowl Orcs that I wouldn't have thought possible. Certainly wouldn't have thought they were sensible!..." - Lobo, Iron Painter 8 competition

Going to do my best to get something finished in time. I have a good miniature for it that II really want to paint.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast