Signup Now
Come on sign up, you know you want to. It's free and easy and you get to be even more awesome!
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Chessboard sign-up thread

Cabana Boy
    Blog Entries
    Sign me up for 2. I dont have any ideas of which minis yet, but i will have a look at the proposed items and will tell you which ones i fancy.

I am willing to pitch in for two minis Hinton, i have one already painted but might to be re-based it is a 28mm zombie from spyglass, the other is the priest with lamp from spyglass as well which at this moment is cleaned and ready to be painted although i would be happy to purchase something different for a zed hunter piece if need be .
    The painted zombie is on my FB page or CMON under Silmarilias if you wish to see what he looks like .
    "Painting is so poetic, while sculpture is more logical and scientific and makes you worry about gravity" - Damien Hirst

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the offers, everyone.

Right now I'm pouring over all kinds of zombies/zombie hunters to see what all is out there that will work and look right. Any suggestions for minis would be appreciated.
    To equate intelligence and wisdom with occupation is, at best, insulting.

Blog Entries
    Ok, been pouring over all kinds of minis and, frankly, I'm not sure what to do. Honestly, I don't want this to be overly complicated or stressful for anyone (myself included).

So, with that in mind, I thought it would be better to see what you folks think might work. Or, even better, if you have anything that might fit the theme of Living vs. Zombies that you would be willing to donate to the set.

Here's some general guidelines:
    • The minis should be 25 - 32mm scale. Pawns (either side) can be smaller than the "royal" pieces.
    • They need to be on 30mm bases, else they won't fit onto the squares of the board.
    • None of the parts of the mini should extend beyond the edge of the base; or at least not very far.
    • The bases should be fairly plain; nothing too extravagant. Simple stone or dirt would probably work.
    • The edge of the base should be white (Zombie Hunters) or black (Zombies).
    • Please post pictures of - or let me know where I can see - the mini(s) you suggest. I've tried looking up some of the ones mentioned and I'm not sure if I'm looking at the right things or not.

@Sprout: What's the size/width of that one?

@Pete: which Studio Miniatures zombies? Seems they have quite a few of them.

@Dunnie: toss out some ideas of what you have/are able to get. Hasslefree has some nice ones, but don't feel limited by that.

@Simon: I like it; would make a nice pawn for the Zed side.

I'll measure it exactly but its 32mm to the troll's shoulder according to the website and that's a regular base.

I like to French Kiss Racoons
    Wamp Apostle
    Blog Entries
    I have horde 1 from studio zombies Hinton. I would part with two of any of them other than the chicken suit and the flasher.

To be honest though, I think this will require more time than we have. I don't mean to piss in your cheerios or anything, but you're looking at quite the feat here. Thats a lot of painted minis from a lot of people. In my experiences the more people you involve the more delays and hic ups you run into. Especially around this time of year. Pretty bad time for this actually. People will be so broke from the holidays to bid high and all of us painters are super busy.

All that being said, I think its great idea and I'm still in, so lemme know!

Blog Entries
    Oh, I know it's a massive undertaking. I was just planning on making the board and then people could field their own pieces/minis for it.

I have a (very) tentative list of minis that would probably work for this and if I had them I would paint them myself. In fact, I have some of the pieces, but there are a lot that I don't. I have the Zombie Horde from Wargames Factory, plus a few other zombies and zombie hunters.

If people were willing to donate the unpainted pieces, then I could paint them up. Of course, that kind of takes away from having minis done by a bunch of different painters, but it would take the burden off of others trying to get them done.

On the other hand, people may not be willing to just hand over a mini or two, no matter what the cause.

Of course, if people had the minis painted already and were willing to donate them, then that would be a bonus.

Maybe a full-on chess set is a project for a later time; something to keep in mind if we do a charity drive thing like this again.

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries
    Hinton, maybe its worth speaking to Boris - I wonder if the sheffield irregulars may be willing to do part as a group project (maybe they paint one 'team' they seem a nice bunch but most dont get online. worth a shout
    Available for Commissions Like my Facebook Page: Brett Johnson Designs

Shop at the Wampstore Wamp Corporate

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries
    actually shame we couldnt get vikey to have a zombvie round for iron painter then nick the entries!!
    Available for Commissions Like my Facebook Page: Brett Johnson Designs

Shop at the Wampstore Wamp Corporate

Blog Entries
    @DL: I might do that. And yeah, it would be nice if he did that.

Ok, if I were to have a "wish list" of minis for pieces, this is probably what I would personally go with (* denotes that I have these minis):

Living (white):

Pawns: Hasslefree "kids" (Billie (b), Palin, Amoy, Alyx, Katie*) and/or Scavengers (Copplestone Castings)
    Rook: Tony (Hasslefree)
    Knight: Ray (Hasslefree)
    Bishop: Jess (Hasslefree)
    Queen: Ashley Campbell (Hasslefree) *
    King: Cole - Studio Miniatures

Zombies (black):

Pawns: Any "generic" modern zombie (Hasslefree, Spylass, etc)*
    Rook: Chainsaw Zombie (Reaper)
    Knight: Zombie Dog (Armorcast)
    Bishop: Samurai Punks (Wyrd)
    Queen: Madame Sybelle (Wyrd)*
    King: Zombiefied Professor Beattie (Hasslefree)

I know there's a lot of HF minis on the list, but they do make some nice minis. However, if someone has something that might fit better, please let me know.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast