Signup Now
Come on sign up, you know you want to. It's free and easy and you get to be even more awesome!

Thread: Grimgore

Super Wamp
    Blog Entries

Grimgore

This Saturday I have a minaiture competition at my local hobby store. I've been working off and on on this figure for a very long time and finally decided to finish him.

Got some painting advice from Jessica Rich that I've been putting to good use.

He's still super shiny as I haven't gotten to the point where I'm ready to dull coat him yet. I also need to add the blood effects, add some posters to the column, and finish the shields he's standing on. Also have a few more little things to do, but he's nearly done.

http://www.stonetowerminiatures.com/.../ST_banner.gif

This Writer's Journey

If wishes were fished we'd all cast nets. - Gurney Halleck

2. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! Brambleten
    Nice! Especially like the axe, and how weathered it is - good luck at the competition. What's the base crafted from?
    Nerodine (blog, WIP thread)

Super Wamp
    Blog Entries
    The base is a combination of a few things.

The main section of rock is cork board. Used PVA to glue on a mixture of ballast and rocks.

The bricks are a longer story: long ago I found a bag of bricks for miniature work at my local hobby store. They stopped stocking them and I haven't been able to find anyone else who sells them, so I took the last few remaining ones I had and created a mold. Now I just cast what I need for a given project out of plaster. Hand laid the bricks to create the road and column. Capped the column with a slab of plaster.
    http://www.stonetowerminiatures.com/.../ST_banner.gif

This Writer's Journey

If wishes were fished we'd all cast nets. - Gurney Halleck