Signup Now
Come on sign up, you know you want to. It's free and easy and you get to be even more awesome!
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Rainbow Brush Contest

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries

The Rainbow Brush Contest

Wamp is pleased to announce that in conjunction with Marike Reimer we are hosting the Online portion of the Rainbow Brush Painting Contest.

The contest was created to show support for members of the LGBT community in Indiana following the States passing of the Freedom Bill. Indiana is host for Gencon and Marike wanted to show solidarity. To that end she has set up a painting contest at Gencon itself but we also wanted to allow painters around the world to participate and help show their support for equality for all people.

Support has been fantastic and there is a great stockpile of prizes on offer for the winners.

The Contest

The contest is open to anyone and the rules are simple. Paint a miniature (or diorama) representing all the colours of the rainbow.

Deadline

The contest is open for entries until 5pm Saturday 1st August 2015 (GMT)

Prizes

1st - Mystery Bundle
    2nd - Mystery Bundle
    3rd - Mystery Bundle

There will be prizes awarded to 1st, 2nd and 3rd placed winners. Each will receive a mystery bundle. We wont tell you exactly whats in each but the prizes are great. Fancy a large resin Dragon from Reaper? Maybe some weathering sets from Secret Weapon or bundles of minis from Darksword Miniatures or Bombshell, all these are included as well as many other items and more are being added all the time

Judges Favourite
    As well as the main prizes there will also be a Judges Prize awarded. Quite simply you need to please Marike!! This will be handed out to entries that impress her in whatever way they can. Might be painting skill, imagination or showing the cause of in a great way.

Newbold Challenge

If all that wasnt enough then long time friend of Wamp Ian Newbold is sponsoring a prize too!

The Newbold Challenge will sponsor prizes at both the Gencon Rainbow Brush Competition and the Wamp Online Rainbow Brush Competition for its favourite entries. We will provide cash prizes of $100 USD, $50 USD and $25 USD for the first three favourites in each of the two competitions ($350 USD in total) and in addition we will donate £250 GBP to charity as part of the 2015 Newbold Challenge (which is raising funds for Children with Cancer and for WWF).

The Challenge’s favourite entries in the Wamp Online Competition will be selected by Ian Newbold. The prizes will be paid via paypal.

Photographs of the six chosen favourites will be featured in a Display Gallery on Newbold World.

Rules: (please read them!)

• You must be a Wamp Member to participate. Membership is free and you may register here.
    • You may enter as many times as you like but each entry may only submit one photograph so if you need more angles it MUST be a montage.
    • Images must be no larger than 1000 pixels wide by 4000 pixels high. (It is your responsibility to check this).
    • any additional photographs of that entry will be removed.
    • You give Wamp (including Portal Magazine), Destroyer Minis/Marike Reimer and Newbold permission to use your pictures for publicity (but you do retain ownership).
    • Judging will be conducted by public vote
    • Submissions must be posted to the Contest Gallery You must make sure you select the correct contest option in the contest select box either during upload (if using the basic uploader) or via edit pictures after upload

Alongside the campaign Marike is also raising money for a local LBGT youth group in Indianapolis. If you would like to donate you can do so here:

http://www.gofundme.com/v229a4

We think this is not only a great contest but also a great way to show our support as a painting community. This hobby is very inclusive and friendly and it would be great to help spread that as much as we can.
    So please try and enter if you can and spread the word. Also share the donation link with non-painters and lets help a great cause

Thanks

Brett
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Available for Commissions Like my Facebook Page: Brett Johnson Designs

Shop at the Wampstore Wamp Corporate

2. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! vegascat
    Chief Cabana
    Wow, there's some serious backing for this competition! Really cool to see.

I will hopefully enter something. My current project is already 2/3rds of the way there, just need some green and yellow to round it out. Actually, if you count the metal as yellow then I just need some green. I'll probably throw some more yellow in there just to be safe. =)

I think this should get a really good response from the community and I'm really looking forward to seeing what people come up with. It seems like a simple challenge, but getting all those colors to look good together and make sense isn't easy!

4. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! Darklord
    Right, which mini to paint? I think my Color Warz minis might suit this nicely?

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries
    colour wars is perfect
    Available for Commissions Like my Facebook Page: Brett Johnson Designs

Shop at the Wampstore Wamp Corporate

Wamp Guru
    Blog Entries
    Might throw something crazy in for this but time is tight as I'll be offline for the last week.

I'd throw some money in the campaign but they don't do Paypal
    Last edited by waghorn41; 23-06-2015 at 07:55 PM.
    "I lOVE your attitude Wag - painting for the hell of it, because you want to - one of the best things I did was invite you over here as to me you invoke the wamp spirit perfectly." - thankyou DL !

"...you've done things with Blood Bowl Orcs that I wouldn't have thought possible. Certainly wouldn't have thought they were sensible!..." - Lobo, Iron Painter 8 competition

I'm definitely entering this.

Now to choose a mini for this!

Facebook
    Twitter: @Meg_Maples
    Me on Putty&Paint

10. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! Kade Grantham

Great idea for a contest! Showed my support by entering first

Is the usual rule that the work needs to be new not in effect for this contest?
    Not that I have anything finished to use, but if I decide to make a diorama it's possible some already started items would fit in.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast