Signup Now
Come on sign up, you know you want to. It's free and easy and you get to be even more awesome!
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728

Thread: WIP it ... WIP it good

Cheers vegascat. The new civvy models look great, but it will be a while before they're on the painting table I think.

This week I sat down to paint some 40mm bases for my Space Wolves. Looking through the box, I picked out the bases required, primed them then realised while priming those, I may as well prime a few other pieces and moved the bases to the side and ... well, long story short ... good progress but not actually what I intended to finish!

We needed more colour and line of sight blocking terrain on the gaming board, so I went to town on weathering up some scenery bought earlier this year. These are from TT Combat and I really like their MDF terrain range - it's a good price, easy to throw together and turns out looking reasonable if you put the effort in.

I had forgotten how hungry for paint MDF can be, so getting them to the point of readiness took a lot longer than their GW plastic equivalents. But the results are good and I got to play with the same techniques as my Space Wolves - so black primer, dark and light brown undercoats, varnish, chipping medium then the base colour + highlighting and shading.

There's a few more pieces in the pipeline with a little more detail so they'll turn up next month at current rate of progress.

My Space Wolves are still progressing, albeit slowly, and I've done a simple sword swap for the Captain and Lieutenent to make them a little more wolfy.

I may even remember to finish up those 40mm bases that started all this terrain building ...
    Nerodine (blog, WIP thread)

These are going to test your eyesight and no mistake, look foward to see them progress.

Haven't been in here for a bit, you've been productive! I'd pick out individual bits, but the crates, wolves, terrain (and your giant pile of new civilians) all look good
    A model what I painted: My WIP thread
    The 2016 Two Out, One In grey mountain reduction program - 10 painted/sold, 15 bought/received
    Previous years: 2015 - 29/36

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728