Signup Now
Come on sign up, you know you want to. It's free and easy and you get to be even more awesome!
Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast

Thread: WIP it ... WIP it good

Thanks vegascat!

Good luck on the 90-minute challenge, and look forward to seeing the outcome! It's a nice way to start reducing that pile of figures.
    Nerodine (blog, WIP thread)

2. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! vegascat
    So I'm not dead, but life has been getting in the way of everything for me over the past six weeks. I've changed jobs again but this time swapping back to a permanent role which should see more stable hours. Another one the reasons I've been absent is we've been finishing a major house overhaul - and the upside being I now have a nerd desk to be proud of.

Some painting has been done, but my camera setup needs finishing so pictures are a month behind, but as a blatant distraction here's a hint where my time will be going in the coming months/years ...

Been a few years since I played 40k, as having a family definitely slowed up my larger-scale gaming. With life settling back into a happy pattern, and a new ruleset streamlining how the game plays, this feels like the right time to get back into it. Quite excited by this so treated myself to the limited edition rulebook. It's beautifully crafted and the contents are wonderful - but is it worth the asking price? Not sure.

Anyway, I've started the laborious process of painting up bases for my army and here's a WIP shot of those coming together. They're not super detailed or high quality, but I wanted lots of contrast to pop at the feet of models.

It should also avoid a problem I've had previously where subconsciously the base is far too similar to the models that go on them. Let's see how that pans out for me in the next month or two!

4. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! vegascat
    Destroyer of Ladders Enlightened Wamp vegascat's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Those bases look great! The corrosion is particularly nice. The room looks snazzy too! Keep it up!
    Miniatures painted in 2015: 21

I've Been Wagged! http://www.wamp-forum.com/VB4/showth...844#post158844

Wamp Guru
    Blog Entries
    Sweet set up!
    Awards:
    Wamp Monthly Champion
    "Who needs weights? Animals don't lift weights, and animals are STRONG!"
    -Chuck "the Truck" Wallace

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries
    nice room, love the wall art.

you like to double up dont you, 2 monitors, 2 chairs, 2 lamps, 2 legs.......
    Available for Commissions Like my Facebook Page: Brett Johnson Designs

Shop at the Wampstore Wamp Corporate

Cheers folks!

@Darklord - Two arms too. On the lamps ... such extravagance! Second chair is for the eldest daughter to join in, as we picked up a couple of chibi models for her to paint.

Couple of quick paintjobs done in the last month to keep the momentum going - so it's still moving forward, albeit slowly. Here's Scalpel from my Guild Ball Morticians coming in around 90 minutes.

She felt very utilitarian, so everything is shades of brown and leather. "Brown and leather" may be the name of my first glam metal album.

With 8th edition here, there's a fresh sense of urgency about clearing the desk of the in-progress models, so here's my 90-minute paintjob for June - a Daemonhunterof the Ordo Malleus. Firmly in the "quick and easy" category of painting.

It's only now I realise how much I dislike the pose on the model. The Inquisitor figure from a while back is far superior, and benefits from not having the ridiculous leaning forward. At some point I should learn how to convert models, or at least how to cut the back out of knees.

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries
    hers obviously heavily drunk and just stood up and doing that listing forward and backwards before toppling over

In the grim darkness of the far future there is only adverse camber.

Prepping for the new, and rather excellent looking Primaris Space Marines, I've started building out a new basing scheme and finished the first set of 58x 32mm bases! Phew.

If you're interested in repeating the scheme:

• Basecoated with Gunmetal Metal, Brassy Brass, Beasty Brown and Martian Earth on the four main areas
    • Metals shaded with Army Painter Dark Wash
    • Brassy Brass then corroded with Nihilakh Oxide
    • Drybrushing Orange Fire over Martian Earth, and Plague Brown over Beasty Brown
    • Higlights picked out with Chainmail Silver over Gunmetal Metal and Bright Bronze over Brassy Brass

If you were wondering where the missing two bases from the set of 60 have gone, they were prototypes for refining the scheme and you can find them on my Inquisitor and Daemonhunter.

Just another 20x 40mm, 40x 25mm and a few 50mm and 60mm bases and ... well, anyway ... there's few to do before it's all done. Why so many? I'm keen to get them finished up while the scheme's familiar to me - and frankly it's too warm to do detailed work on individual figures.

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries
    bet thats a slog!

Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast