Signup Now
Come on sign up, you know you want to. It's free and easy and you get to be even more awesome!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Companions of the Hall - A Diorama

I may try, I'm going to also try to give a bit lighter colored violet as I said on the Reaper forum. Go for something like this:

125492-43279-drizzt-do-urden.jpg

Hey! Drizzt is just a metro sexual!
    Minis finished all time: 49
    2014 Tally: 26

Current WIP's: The Companions of the Hall - A Diorama
    Most recent Display Cabinet piece: Alfred Redlute (Gendrick the Bard)

A little bit of work last night... well it was a lot of work since I had to completely re-do the left eye on the darker side of his face a couple of times to get it to where I was happy. I still need to highlight a tiny bit on his left cheek again where the light would hit as I used the dark elf skin shadow to re-define the eye and hit the top part of his cheek a tad bit more than I wanted.

I experimented a little bit with the Inktensity inks that I received last night from my most recent Fantization order, to get the lighter color on his irises I actually mixed a little bit of the purple ink with Reaper MSP Clear Magenta.

What do you all think?

Last edited by ub3r_n3rd; 13-12-2014 at 12:14 AM.

Destroyer of Ladders Enlightened Wamp vegascat's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    wow, the eyes look great! I struggle with eyes and skin tones (amongst a host of things..... :P) especially.
    Miniatures painted in 2015: 21

I've Been Wagged! http://www.wamp-forum.com/VB4/showth...844#post158844

Thanks vegascat!

A bit more subtle shading/highlights on his face along with a touchup or two should get that part done and me moving on to the rest of the figure.

5. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! vegascat
    The black text on dark grey is a bit tough to read :p

The right eye looks great! The left eye isn't bad, but I'd go back in with the dark shadow on the upper part, mostly close to the nose, the sclera is climbing a bit there :)

Again, though, nice adjustment. Don't look too close at Rollo's eyes, they're nowhere near that good. But Tre didn't give me much to work with!

Quote Originally Posted by Cash Wiley View Post
    The black text on dark grey is a bit tough to read :p

The right eye looks great! The left eye isn't bad, but I'd go back in with the dark shadow on the upper part, mostly close to the nose, the sclera is climbing a bit there :)

Again, though, nice adjustment. Don't look too close at Rollo's eyes, they're nowhere near that good. But Tre didn't give me much to work with!
    Fixed the black text issue I think. I use the white background on this Forum as black or grey background really messes with my eyes.

Anyhow, thanks for the motivation and pushing me forward Cash!

I haven't looked that close at Rollo's eyes, but DSM has some really TINY eyes as well, not sure if they are as small as RBG tho.

Been a while since I posted up on here as I'm on the Reaper forum much more often, but I've finished 7/8 of the figures here. I'll post the progress pics now. Anyhow, I came down with a nasty bug a couple of weeks ago and it stopped me cold in my tracks, I was unable to finish this project by this past weekend for my brother to take home with him. I tried hard, but just not enough time to get everything done the way I wanted. So I'm going to work on it over the next few days and try to finish it off and ship it out to him next week.

Here we go... pic heavy!

Spider Queen -

Drizzt -

Touched up his face and eyes a bit along with doing his hair.

Spider Lancer -

Did the hair for the spider lancer, put black base coat on Guen and black base coat on the giant spider the lancer is riding.

More Drizzt -

Spider Queen - I added some purple inktensity to the black parts of her spider body and then some of the dark elf skin shadow to hit some highlights. Looks a lot better now.

Drizzt - Got is cloak done, used Peacock Green, Leaf Green, Intense Green (inktensity), VGC Escorpena Green, and SW wash of Green Black.

Drizzt is done!

Bruenor!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spider Queen
    - DONE!

Guen - DONE! (will finish base before I attach her)

Bruenor - DONE!

Regis - DONE! (will finish base before I attach him)

Spider Lancer - DONE!

Current look of the base for the diorama - Did my third pour of realistic water. Will pour more in the morning and some tomorrow night to see if I can get it all done. I also need to paint the base (wishing I had an air brush at this point for the major amount of painting this needs).

Wulfgar -

WULFGAR - Done!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I need to start/finish Cattie-Brie and finish the base that they all go one. I also need to make sure that their broccoli bases match the diorama base.

9. Loving your work These users all liked this awesome post:: Brambleten,vegascat
    Destroyer of Ladders Enlightened Wamp vegascat's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Looking great! I'm tight for time and will leave longer feedback later tonight or tomorrow!
    Miniatures painted in 2015: 21

I've Been Wagged! http://www.wamp-forum.com/VB4/showth...844#post158844

11. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! ub3r_n3rd
    Okay, been a while since I've updated this thread. I'm much more active on the Reaper forum, but I have done a bit more. The last figure is Cattie-Brie, I had gotten her face/skin done and then wasn't happy with her eyes being cross-eyed and tried to fix. This lead to me having to bathe her in Simple Green and completely strip the paint, also had to re-attach her bow arm.

So I'll post pics of my WIP of her as I've been working on the figure and get this thread caught up with my current progress!

As you can see, I've just finished the yellows of her shirt, the leathers are done with SC75 Wood/Leather set. Going to do her boots and belts/harnesses black leather. The cloak and waist cloak thing will be blue. I'll also be attaching her other arm pretty soon.

C&C are welcomed and appreciated!
    Attached Images Attached Images

13. Loving your work These users all liked this awesome post:: Brambleten,vegascat

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries
    good stuff mate, like the colour scheme on her (reminds me of amy winehouse)
    Available for Commissions Like my Facebook Page: Brett Johnson Designs

Shop at the Wampstore Wamp Corporate

15. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! ub3r_n3rd

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast