Signup Now
Come on sign up, you know you want to. It's free and easy and you get to be even more awesome!

Thread: Coenus' gallery of 'things' - Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate...

Commuting between the Netherworld and the Netherlands

Coenus' gallery of 'things' - Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate...

Saying hi is one thing, but I feel it isn't a proper introduction until I've shown some of my work really. So, here goes!
    When starting this hobby all those years ago, I was more interested in getting loads of little guys painted for some games, rather than having them look good. The past few years saw very little painting at all, but I've recently gotten back into it and - although still interested in getting a few dozen miniatures done every now and then to play a few games with - have been enjoying doing some higher quality paintjobs.
    Nothing too spectacular (or time consuming), not yet at least - who knows what my stay here will achieve!

First, some GW Lord of the Rings Hobbits (for a painting competition at the One Ring forums, although to be part of a 60+ model army):

Another one, Lobelia Sackville-Baggins versus ruffian:

Red Box Games 'Woldvagnr the Wise' (sold by Hasslefree these days) - love how the wolf cloak turned out. Probably also my first ever attempt at a gem.

Kitbashed plastic Irish warrior for a SAGA warband, slightly more representative for what I normally do (the freehand shield and simple tartan were very experimental however):

Probably my favourite paintjob so far: a GW LotR Dwarf captain

Will see to it that this thread will be updated nicely irregularly with all manner of random updates!

2. Loving your work These users all liked this awesome post:: Shades,waghorn41

Wamp Guru
    Blog Entries
    Nice work, particularly like the fur on Woldvagnr
    "I lOVE your attitude Wag - painting for the hell of it, because you want to - one of the best things I did was invite you over here as to me you invoke the wamp spirit perfectly." - thankyou DL !

"...you've done things with Blood Bowl Orcs that I wouldn't have thought possible. Certainly wouldn't have thought they were sensible!..." - Lobo, Iron Painter 8 competition

Blog Entries
    The pony is excellent. And I like your color palette, in general.

Many thanks!
    Maybe I should just paint up some random animals soon; wolf coats are great (good practise at various colour transitions too) while I enjoyed that pony as well, surprisingly full of character.

Here my entry for the HF 2014 contest: 'Boudi', who will be the Warlord for my Irish SAGA warband:

6. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! Shades

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries
    I like these. they are good solid paintjobs. the palette choices are great and the basing is nice. A few extra highlights here and there would help take things to the next level but you should be happy with these as they stand.

Are you using a varnish?
    Available for Commissions Like my Facebook Page: Brett Johnson Designs

Shop at the Wampstore Wamp Corporate

Cheers, most of those probably have a single coat of varnish yes (Army Painter or Vallejo, brush on from bottle). The red tunic on the top figure was actually more shiny before the varnish; a bad bottle of Vallejo that...

Here a new figure, nothing too exciting but I'm pretty happy with the shading on cloak and tunic.
    Soon, I hope to paint up some great sculpt just for the painting, testing my limits and unconstrained by colours or basing because of any army it is to be part of (as all of the above are). Good thing a big Hasslefree order just arrived... :)

Anyway, the latest Hobbit recruit: "Samwise the Brave".

9. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! Shades