Signup Now
Come on sign up, you know you want to. It's free and easy and you get to be even more awesome!
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Pete's Wip's and chains

Yeah I totally agree.. thats why when the smog range went down I jumped and got the ones i wanted.. just need to get the mauser earth stuff now before Wonderland project eventually drop it lol

I like to French Kiss Racoons
    Wamp Apostle
    Blog Entries
    Whoa fellas, I know Harrison ford is a sexy man, but hands off! Didn't realize he was so prized. I have a few other knight models, the storm trooper pack, anakin, and the 72mm speeder bike kit.

supervike, the wood block is about 1.5" x 1.5" x 5" tall. They make nice handles to hold while painting. I secure them to the top with either glue or blue tack for lighter models. Occasionally they fall off, which sucks, but overall less drops by me.

I watched both kill bills today while painting Beatrix Kiddo. She sports a really big left hand,? A Hattori Hanzo sword and yellow racing suit. Her abilities so far are:
    eye ball grab
    5 point Palm exploding heart technique
    revenge is a dish best served cold

its really cold and rainy here priming is limited to paint on which im not a fan of so ill prob finish up the predator now.

Well, Uma Thruman has gigantic hands too...so this works!

I guess my only criticism would be her hair. SHouldn't it be a bit blonder?

Kickstarted
    Super Wamp
    Blog Entries
    Pete - last time I looked (admittedly about 6 months ago) the stormtrooper pack was going for about 60-70, so about 3-4 times retail value on ebay.

Unfortunately they were out while I was still at school so didn't have the means to buy them. It's one of the reasons that if I see something I like now, particularly if it has "limited edition" next to it, I buy it :)
    The Chilling Network - home of #nonstopwargaming :)

Wamp Apostle
    Blog Entries
    It should indeed be more blonde, good call. As a blonde myself you would think I would know how to paint that, but alas I do not. I started looking for colors to start with and found the same base yellow I used on the suit in my hand. I haven't sealed it yet, so maybe I'll try and fix it. Doesn't help that about 20% of my paints have gone to goo but that's a poor excuse. Anyone have a decent blonde hair tutorial?

crazy how some of those OOP minis can become so desirable and valued. I'm sure I paid a pretty penny for that storm trooper pack to begin with. Those knight models are pricey as!

Kickstarted
    Super Wamp
    Blog Entries
    I'd be interested in seeing a tutorial as well (the only hair colour I seem to be able to do well is red!) but Brett did give Nerodine some advice on blonde not long ago here in his thread.

I'd say the Knight Star Wars stuff is so popular is because unless you go for "not" stuff, the only miniature alternatives are the Imperial Assault stuff or the GW prototypes which Brett loves so much :)

If they sold the licence back to Knight now, with how they've done with Batman, Disney would make a killing from them.
    Last edited by Brambleten; 03-12-2015 at 09:43 PM.
    The Chilling Network - home of #nonstopwargaming :)

7. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! NeatPete

Wamp Guru
    Blog Entries
    Not to jack it but I have a 30mm Kenobi, luke skywalker, and I think a Darth vader from knight if peeps wanna pm me their offers.

Thread jacked!!!!!!!
    Awards:
    Wamp Monthly ChampionActivity Award
    "Who needs weights? Animals don't lift weights, and animals are STRONG!"
    -Chuck "the Truck" Wallace

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries
    ugh that hand is awful, would be tempted to chop it off and put another on
    Available for Commissions Like my Facebook Page: Brett Johnson Designs

Shop at the Wampstore Wamp Corporate

Wamp Apostle
    Blog Entries
    As you can tell from the pj, I'm not too concerned about this mini, after all she is going to be handle by my drunk friends who have the manual dexterity of a cinder block. These guys break em faster than I can fix them. You should see they repairs I had to on the zombie chess board we auctioned a few years back that my buddy bought... I made the Hanzo sword out of bendy plastic sheet so that can't be broken. It's all good, Im just glad I have a couple buds that indulge me by playing stuff like this with me.

Never really noticed but Uma does have pretty big hands, how appropriate!

Quote Originally Posted by NeatPete View Post
    Never really noticed but Uma does have pretty big hands, how appropriate!
    Her feet are huge too! She's an oddly built lady, kind of gawky, not conventionally pretty, but still completely attractive! Those Kill Bill movies are some of my all time faves.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast