Signup Now
Come on sign up, you know you want to. It's free and easy and you get to be even more awesome!
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Pete's Wip's and chains

I like to French Kiss Racoons
    Wamp Apostle
    Blog Entries
    I'm lucky I didn't get in on that one. I would be so pissed With product on shelf since the summer and rewards not shipped to North American backers yet. Stuff being sold at cons for less than ks prices would bug me as well. I'm waiting for all the discount retailers to get copies which may be a while. I really just want the minis.

ive looked at some predastore minis and may end up getting some. Funny how the big boob syndrome of this hobby transfers over to alien species as well.

Copplestone castings makes some predators as well, but I fear they would be rather small in comparison. They have close combat and gun versions that look pretty good, just dubiously small.

anyone know of any other companies making them?

Heres a scale comparision I found on the DawnOfTheLead Blog. I think these are Predstore minis mixed in there.

Also, I see where Agis painted them, just using the Copplestone as 'juveniles'

DAMMIT, I think I just talked myself into getting some Copplestone...

3. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! NeatPete
    Wamp Apostle
    Blog Entries
    Oh hell yeah, that perfect, nice find! as suspected a bit small, but look good.

Let me know if you wanna split uk shipping from Copplestone. I'd be down to get a couple adolescent predators and maybe some other stuff. For some reason I love his style and figs.

Wamp Apostle
    Blog Entries
    Looks like Copplestone has a %shipping so Prob not worth splitting an order.

while we are on the subject though, I found this new release from hasslefree. Looks to only be available in resin for 12.5pounds
    "I ain't got time to bleed"

Oh my....I'd vote for him as Governor!

Hasslefree dude can sculpt!!

I spotted these as well, from ROGUE MINIATURES

The whole crew for 32 gbp. I'm not sure how much that is, but maybe one could get it lower by having Carl Weathers ship with only one arm....lol

There are a few US distributors for Copplestone, but the price per set is like 5-6 dollars higher than ordering Direct. But, yeah, his percentage for shipping does add a snag. Plus, then we'd have the additional postage to either me ship to you or visa versa...

No probs!

7. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! NeatPete
    Wamp Apostle
    Blog Entries
    I couldn't help it, I watched predator this weekend. So good. I also placed a hasslefree order. Call it a reward for getting back into it.

I got most of the color blocked out on the Predator. Now the fun can begin with shading and wear.

I'm also working on a Pop culture smash up game called hollywood heros. Basically just making up stats for minis I can find. Silly abilities and such. It'll take a while but I have ~50 profiles sketched out so far. Here's the first round. As you can see scale is all over the place which kinda sucks but oh well. Some minor conversions but nothing crazy.
    LtoR: Mad max (reaper), Kaylee (heresy), homie the clown (reaper), Buffy (hasslefree), Beatrix kiddo (Copplestone), Han solo (knight).

homie the clown is gonna be so OP, I can't help it.

9. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! Brambleten
    HOMEY THE CLOWN!! That is so freaking cool. This is a great project, and a clever idea. It sounds like it would be fun to play.

The flesh tones on the Predator are perfect.

How does that chuck of wood on the predator work? I mean, do you use that to hold the mini while painting? If so, how do you put it down without it falling over?

I use the plastic lids from a 20oz bottle of soda, but I do notice my hand starting to cramp after a bit.

Kickstarted
    Super Wamp
    Blog Entries
    So jealous of that Han Solo - got any others from Knight?
    The Chilling Network - home of #nonstopwargaming :)

That Han Solo is a PERFECT example of why, in our hobby, we have to buy these things when we see them.

I hemmed and hawed about the Star Wars minis from Knight Models, (mostly about the high price) and figured I'd get them, someday...But never did

If you ever doubt buying minis, please refer to this thread...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast