Signup Now
Come on sign up, you know you want to. It's free and easy and you get to be even more awesome!

Thread: Donald's WIP

Donald's WIP

Hello!
    I thought I'd go ahead and start a WIP thread here.
    I've been working a little on an entry for the Avatars of War contest. I am making a small vignette with two figures. I've got one of them close to finished.
    Here it is - This is the Dark Elf Sorceress. I am debating whether or not to keep the boots red...

dark-elf-sorceress.jpg

2. Loving your work These users all liked this awesome post:: Shades,vegascat
    Blog Entries
    I think the red boots work OK, actually. They're analogous with the body, so that the focal point remains on the head and hair. As a matter of fact, the white-blue gradation, along with the sculpt itself, makes for a pretty effective, if not powerful, focal point.

Thanks. Yes, I think I will keep the red boots. The figure came with several more flames like the one in her hands, and I was planning on putting them around her feet. So the red will be a nice contrast with the flames.

This is the base I made. I think it turned out nice enough. But it really is a bit 'off' in the scale when I put the Avatars of War figures on there. This technique will probably be more effective with smaller scale figures. I think I will try it for a 1/72 scale diorama I am planning.
    base.jpg

5. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! vegascat
    Well, I got it finished up and submitted to the contest gallery. I even have one day to spare, so that's unusual ;)

It turned out ok, but I think it looked better in my mind when I was planning it. Maybe I should have put them in a totally different setting, like a more modern place, with Black Shadow jumping down off a set of stairs or something. But I guess this works too. The way the pictures turned out, I don't think it is very clear that the Black Shadow figure is 'suspended in mid air'. ;)

Also, I hope there are no rules against cheesy Photoshop jobs, because I added a photo background to one of the pictures. :P

Destroyer of Ladders Enlightened Wamp vegascat's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Damn, she looks cool! Though she looks more like an elemental sorceress of some kind rather than your typical dark elf
    Miniatures painted in 2015: 21

I've Been Wagged! http://www.wamp-forum.com/VB4/showth...844#post158844