Signup Now
Come on sign up, you know you want to. It's free and easy and you get to be even more awesome!

Thread: Desert Island Minis

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries

Desert Island Minis

I am sure you have all heard about Desert island Discs on the radio. You get to pick 5 songs to take with you to a desert island.

Anyway lets try a mini version:

So your stranded on a desert island you can pick five things to go with you:

One Miniature
    One Paint Colour
    One accessory or tool
    One basing item
    One other item
    Available for Commissions Like my Facebook Page: Brett Johnson Designs

Shop at the Wampstore Wamp Corporate

Wamp Guru
    Blog Entries
    One Miniature - Dark Sword Limited Edition sorceress
    One Paint Colour - GW Ice Blue
    One accessory or tool - pin vice with drill
    One basing item - static grass
    One other item - my tool box..........complete with contents
    "I lOVE your attitude Wag - painting for the hell of it, because you want to - one of the best things I did was invite you over here as to me you invoke the wamp spirit perfectly." - thankyou DL !

"...you've done things with Blood Bowl Orcs that I wouldn't have thought possible. Certainly wouldn't have thought they were sensible!..." - Lobo, Iron Painter 8 competition

One Miniature - New edition Nagash (such large miniature with that pointy hat could be used as either a knife or a fishing tool - essential of a deserted island!)

One Paint Colour - GW's Evil Sunz Scarlet (honestly, Nagash, bloody red - that could be one cool miniature! And beside, maybe I could use the rest of the bottle to write my mayday messages in the sand!)

One accessory or tool - Super-glue (the glue would obviously be a must when attempting to assemble Nagash - and beside, it would come in handy for other, various, survival requirements as well!)

One basing item - Coconut (crushed shell makes one epic basing material! And since Nagash is HUGE I'd need plenty of it to cover his base. Also, it could also be a lifesaver if you'd need some extra meal one starving day!)

One other item - Magnifying glass (this is also a no-brainer I think. I need it to paint Nagash up in bloody red and make sure the crushed coconut shell are placed at the exact right spot on the base - and when not needed I could use it to light my bonfire/light signal, or a cooking fire to fry some fish that I'd catch with my Nagash-count-as-a-knife!)

4. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! Darklord
    Blog Entries
    One Miniature - Maybe this new Orc Pirate by BigChild.

I love Bonner-style orcs, especially pirate ones with crazy monkeys, sculpted by one of my most favoritest sculptors, Allan Carrasco. And the pirate theme would fit my new existence on the desert isle. This figure could keep me entertained several times over by trying different color combinations. The larger scale would accommodate my deteriorating eyesight as I live out my days on the desert island, and I would be less likely to lose my little treasure, if it's 54mm - 90mm.

One Paint Colour - Magenta. As far as I know, every other hue/pigment can be found in nature (i.e. obviously on my desert island), except for this one.

One accessory or tool - Kolinsky sable brush, #2.

One basing item - Liquitex modeling gel.

One other item - wet palette, which I guess means a lifetime supply of parchment paper.

ok this I have given some thought.

One Mini- Eldar Phantom Titan from ForgeWorld, huge Model would take forever to paint.

One Colour- Chaos Black lots of it. diluting it and by layering it would make from a very pale grey up to Black so that would make a lovely Ulthua Colour scheme.

One Tool- 1 Rosemary and Co size 6 sable brush.

One Basing item- lots of PVA glue as there is a shed load of sand on a desert Island lol materials would be free what with drift wood and rocks possibly coconut husk for extra texture.

One other item- SuperGlue for assembly.

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries
    bloody hell norm, you gonna have time to hunt and build a shelter while painting that?
    Available for Commissions Like my Facebook Page: Brett Johnson Designs

Shop at the Wampstore Wamp Corporate

Destroyer of Ladders Enlightened Wamp vegascat's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    One Miniature - this is by far the hardest choice. I'm going to have to go with the Rackham Flesh Golem, mainly because I own one and am waiting on my painting skills to progress a bit more before I tackle it.
    One Paint Color - Gotta go with Shades on this, P3 Murderous Magenta
    One accessory or tool - W&N Series 7 size 3 (regular size 3, not miniature size)
    One basing item - epoxy
    One other item - hobby knife with an endless supply of new blades
    Miniatures painted in 2015: 21

I've Been Wagged! http://www.wamp-forum.com/VB4/showth...844#post158844

One Miniature: uhmmm... that's quite hard... I'd say Kalyna from Hasslefree (image)
    One Paint Colour: VGC Earth
    One accessory or tool: cutter/hobby knife
    One basing item: sand *)
    One other item: superglue

edit:
    I just realized, when going to a desert island, taking sand with me is nonsensical...
    Well, then, I guess I choose static grass.
    Last edited by Shaved Dwarf; 10-09-2014 at 10:56 AM.