Signup Now
Come on sign up, you know you want to. It's free and easy and you get to be even more awesome!
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Synthesis

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries

Synthesis

Welcome to the first ever Synthesis.

noun, plural syntheses
    [sin-thuh-seez] 1. the combining of the constituent elements of separate material or abstract entities into a single or unified entity (opposed to analysis, ) the separating of any material or abstract entity into its constituent elements.

We want you to turn Dr Frankenstein and give us your wildest creation from your collection of abandoned bits, sprues and failed creations.

Show us your conversion skills, your ability to create something from nothing and become The King Or Queen of junk Funk.

Using at least 5 seperate bits from different models we want you to create a miniature(s) and paint it. This is a just for fun contest though I may throw a prize or two in if any of you excel!

Just a few rules:

• You must be a Wamp Member to participate. Membership is free and you may register here.
    • You may enter as many times as you like but each entry may only submit one photograph so if you need more angles it MUST be a montage.
    • Images must be no larger than 1000 pixels wide by 4000 pixels high. (It is your responsibility to check this).
    • any additional photographs of that entry will be removed.
    • You give Wamp permission to use your pictures for publicity (but you do retain ownership).
    • You may post pictures of WIP or final shots both here and elsewhere.
    • Judging will be decided by public vote.
    • Submissions must be posted to the Contest Gallery You must make sure you select the correct contest option in the contest select box either during upload (if using the basic uploader) or via edit pictures after upload
    • you must use AT LEAST 5 pieces from different miniatures/sources
    • AT LEAST 3 of these must form part of the main miniature (ie body) the rest may be placed on the base/scenery if you wish.
    • You can use as many different miniature,scrap or bits elements as you wish
    • Your entry montage should include a photo of the assembled piece prior to priming if possible though its not compulsory

Please note the final 4 rules.

what you create is up to, it can be a 28mm humanoid, a giant beast or a futuristic vehicle. There are no restrictions on scale,genre or manufacturer, scratchbuilt elements can be used though we dont want purely sculpted entries (save that for the sculpting contest!)

Deadline is 24th October for members (31st October for Supporters)

Credit goes to Foamfrog for coming up with the concept

We are looking for creativity and imagination, thinking out side the box and of course good painting at the end!

Enjoy!
    Last edited by Darklord; 27-08-2014 at 10:29 AM.
    Available for Commissions Like my Facebook Page: Brett Johnson Designs

Shop at the Wampstore Wamp Corporate

2. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! Demonn
    Omg Marko will pee his panse!
    "Keep your brush wet and our humour dry."

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by phatkid1966 View Post
    Omg Marko will pee his panse!
    Its ok hes protected

6. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! Demonn
    Looks good, I'll have a go at taking part :D

Clarification; rule says 'you must use AT LEAST 5 pieces from different miniatures.'

Does that mean:
    A) you must use parts from 5 different miniatures (IE an ork arm, a HF head, an Anvil weapon, SM legs and an Imperial Guard Backpack)
    or
    B) 5 different parts from any model (IE Ork legs, different Ork torso, different Ork arm, different Ork head, different Ork weapon)

I'm assuming A but it always pays to idiot proof things :D

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by possumcraft View Post
    Looks good, I'll have a go at taking part :D

Clarification; rule says 'you must use AT LEAST 5 pieces from different miniatures.'

Does that mean:
    A) you must use parts from 5 different miniatures (IE an ork arm, a HF head, an Anvil weapon, SM legs and an Imperial Guard Backpack)
    or
    B) 5 different parts from any model (IE Ork legs, different Ork torso, different Ork arm, different Ork head, different Ork weapon)

I'm assuming A but it always pays to idiot proof things :D
    kind of both.

they could all be ork bits but different orks (if that makes sense). So you could use a GW ork body, Fenryll ork legs, PP Ork arm,etc. But not simply grab a GW Ork box set and use one sprue!!

sweet, thanks. that's perfect :D Here's the motivation to finish and paint my magma dragon-cum-baneblade with accompanying mech armor :O

Super Wamp
    Blog Entries
    Question: my very first idea for an entry here would involve a massive conversion of a miniature, but I would probably not be using any other miniature parts. I'd be using watch parts and other mechanical scrap I've gathered. Would that count, or is this more of a kitbash than a scratchbuild?
    http://www.stonetowerminiatures.com/.../ST_banner.gif

This Writer's Journey

If wishes were fished we'd all cast nets. - Gurney Halleck

I wonder if I can find my bits box, up in my parents loft... And if there's anything in it after my last clear out!
    A model what I painted: My WIP thread
    The 2018 Two Out, One In grey mountain reduction program - 2 painted/sold, 0 bought/received
    Previous years: 2017 - 11/96, 2016 - 20/162, 2015 - 29/36

sounds interesting. just to find some time to do it...
    The best thing my mates & I have done: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWG9MFQ6Tcs

Me on Putty&Paint

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast