Signup Now
Come on sign up, you know you want to. It's free and easy and you get to be even more awesome!

Thread: Warrior with ******* Sword

Warrior with ******* Sword

This mini I painted for Gencon's Masterclass competition. Overall, I was rather pleased with how he turned out, but I honestly had a hard time placing him in the lineup when I saw all of those pretty minis show up (man, there were a lot of really nice ones this year- especially from Dark Sword).

In the end, he placed Second in single miniatures- to Marke Reimer's (holy crap it was amazing) steampunk medusa. I was pretty happy about that.

I've also posted him onto Coolminiornot for anyone who cares to vote.

2. Loving your work These users all liked this awesome post:: DeafNala,Iacton,ub3r_n3rd,warhammergrimace

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries
    wow 2nd is a great result mate. I have personally held some of Marike's work in my hand and its stunning so to lose out to her is no big thing.

the transitionson the left leg look a little rough r is that just the photo/lighting throwing my eye?

Once again congrats, its a lovely piece
    Available for Commissions Like my Facebook Page: Brett Johnson Designs

Shop at the Wampstore Wamp Corporate

Yeah, I've gotten to see some of her work up close too. I actually got to see her winners this year up close- really stellar stuff.

I think that's just the photo- I don't see the trouble on his leg on the mini.

On a side note, I find it amusing that the forum decided to censor the name of this mini.

I guess we shouldn't talk so much about the illegitimacy of certain weapons.
    Last edited by odinsgrandson; 22-08-2014 at 03:32 PM.

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries
    it'll be my peepers mate, I am due an eye test!

I reckon marike must have bionic eyes, her freehand is unbelievable
    Available for Commissions Like my Facebook Page: Brett Johnson Designs

Shop at the Wampstore Wamp Corporate

Naw, just bionic patience, and an uncanny ability to keep her paints thin and smooth through all of those layers.

Wamp Guru
    Blog Entries
    Congratulations, that's a beautiful piece of painting.
    "I lOVE your attitude Wag - painting for the hell of it, because you want to - one of the best things I did was invite you over here as to me you invoke the wamp spirit perfectly." - thankyou DL !

"...you've done things with Blood Bowl Orcs that I wouldn't have thought possible. Certainly wouldn't have thought they were sensible!..." - Lobo, Iron Painter 8 competition

Well done on placing second. The green colour you've chosen on the armour plates looks stunning next to the gold.

A community driven repository aimed at the whole miniature painting community.
    Contributions can be made directly in the Wiki or by contacting the admin team here.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The concept of 'why' is way more important to understand than the question of 'how' (which is only ever a variation of 'get paint - paint paint')." - Orki, November 2010.