Signup Now
Come on sign up, you know you want to. It's free and easy and you get to be even more awesome!
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats your bogey technique?

Wamp Apostle
    Northampton, home of the shoe... apparently
    Blog Entries
    I hate painting red because I can't see it very well. Unfortunately there's not much I can do about it really
    Awards:
    Top Referrer
    "We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area" - UK military spokesman Major Mike Shearer
    "I think they should all be topless, they're just more fun that way" - Vegascat
    "I once hit a guy in the face with a crap" - NeatPete
    "The doctor put me on a course of placebos," said the lady in the straw hat. "But I don't take them. I'm saving them all up for a mock suicide attempt."
    "Unleash a rancid potpourri of lunacy!" - Games Workshop Website.
    "I used to be Sheogorath but I took an arrow to the knee."

Freehand is my bane.. I'm trying to do more of it, but it usually leads to a dip in simple green.

Wamp Guru
    Blog Entries
    My bogey technique? umm, picking up a paintbrush...
    "I lOVE your attitude Wag - painting for the hell of it, because you want to - one of the best things I did was invite you over here as to me you invoke the wamp spirit perfectly." - thankyou DL !

"...you've done things with Blood Bowl Orcs that I wouldn't have thought possible. Certainly wouldn't have thought they were sensible!..." - Lobo, Iron Painter 8 competition

Destroyer of Ladders Enlightened Wamp vegascat's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I really want to say *everything,* but its mainly flesh/faces and getting the correct level of highlighting. I'm not even to the point with freehand to say anything other than "its hard."
    Miniatures painted in 2015: 21

I've Been Wagged! http://www.wamp-forum.com/VB4/showth...844#post158844

Well My bogey technique is wet blending on a small scale, I find layering is much easier.
    also painting skin tones of all colours is my nemesis lol

I like painting white, I usually start with Ulthuan Grey and add an off white and then top highlight with a pure white.

honestly, it's not a technique per se, but something else.
    first off, let me start by saying I absolutely adore Infamy minis.
    that said, I absolutely hate how painting them makes me feel. the details are far too small for me to get them right. and it's frustrating. no minis ever made me feel that way...
    and again, that said, it's not all bad - they make me try harder...
    The best thing my mates & I have done: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWG9MFQ6Tcs

Me on Putty&Paint

have ya tried painting an infinity miniature? I get that way about them so know how you feel mate. ive not painted my infamy sherlock and watson yet but im putting them off for the same reason lol

it just annoyes the hell out of me how someone can sculpt something that I can't hit with a brush!! LOL
    The best thing my mates & I have done: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWG9MFQ6Tcs

Me on Putty&Paint

10. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! Demonn
    Mine is NMM, I can't do it to save my life, just doesn't click in my head. I have instead gone over to TMM and am not looking back.
    Minis finished all time: 49
    2014 Tally: 26

Current WIP's: The Companions of the Hall - A Diorama
    Most recent Display Cabinet piece: Alfred Redlute (Gendrick the Bard)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast