Signup Now
Come on sign up, you know you want to. It's free and easy and you get to be even more awesome!
Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: The Beer Belly Burn Off Challenge

Enlightened Wamp warhammergrimace's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    My exercise has taken a back seat recently, but I.just agreed to run the Sheffield half marathon next year. So I ned to get the running shoes on and get back out running.
    Awards:
    Blog Award
    http://musketswordpaint.wordpress.com/
    http://irregular-magazine.com
    http://warhammergrimace.wordpress.com/
    http://paper.li/jbhubbard

Ryan Dancey, Vice President of Wizards of the Coast, believed that TSR failed because of "...a near total inability to listen to its customers, hear what they were saying, and make changes to make those customers happy."

2. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! vegascat

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries
    I find a target is good motivation mate.

Im officially finished with work now until next Tuesday as I have to prep tomorrow for Saturdays race. We head up there Thursday and return Sunday.

Bit of excitement building now but also relief and trepidation. Its been mentally and physically exhausting training for this event. At double by usual events its a big step up and not gone smoothly (when does it ever) but I have done what I can now. Got a 22m LTHR Zone 2 ride tomorrow then Ill just do an easy 10m on Friday in Scotland to get the legs turning a bit. Will continue the off the bike exercises though (just planking, some strength work and a little Yoga)
    Available for Commissions Like my Facebook Page: Brett Johnson Designs

Shop at the Wampstore Wamp Corporate

4. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! vegascat

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries
    Dirty Reiver done. 122 miles off road. My injured knee and sitbone flatted up again 40 miles in so hours of agony with every pedal stroke. Lost half my bike gears too but still made it to the end. By far the most brutal thing I have ever done physically or mentally.
    Was expecting 12 hours but managed 2 minutes over 11 hours. Absolutely broken but proud that in under 3 years of riding I've gone from 2 miles knackering me and weighing almost 18 stone to been 4 1/2 some lighter and riding over 120 miles.
    Time for a Chinese to recoup some of those 8500 calories!

6. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! vegascat
    Helluva achievement, fair play to you - and looking good!
    Nerodine (blog, WIP thread)

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nerodine View Post
    Helluva achievement, fair play to you - and looking good!
    cheers. Not so bad yourself

had my first ride yesterday since the event and boy I had so much fatigue in the legs still. Normally its a bout 2-3 days and Im pretty good again but this really hit me!

If anyone fancies a read on my exploits and wild goats you can have a looksee here:
    http://dirtnhurt.com/2017/05/01/dirty-reiver-2017/

Was toying with the idea of doing a 100m ride this weekend (just a local charity thing) but I think I will be skipping it. Legs are still not that good and as I have an event in 3 weeks I need to focus towards that.

Destroyer of Ladders Enlightened Wamp vegascat's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Bret, you've really done so well with riding that its really pretty inspirational!

Alright guys, last class of the semester is Saturday, so that means that I'll be back on the exercise wagon starting on Sunday. I'm honestly not looking forward to the painful begining and building my endurance back up, but I know it'll be worth it in the end.

On a related note, one of my friends on bookface posted "When my body parts are sore I like to think that's it's layers of fat dying a slow painful death." :)

PSS (I guess) - First weigh in will be either Saturday evening or Sunday sometime. Hopefully, the scale won't scream "Get off fatman!" when I step on it. XD
    Miniatures painted in 2015: 21

I've Been Wagged! http://www.wamp-forum.com/VB4/showth...844#post158844

Quote Originally Posted by vegascat View Post
    "When my body parts are sore I like to think that's it's layers of fat dying a slow painful death."
    I love this. It also means I may be a mass murderer this week when stepping up to three runs for the first time this year. Legs are going to feel it by Sunday!
    Nerodine (blog, WIP thread)

11. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! vegascat

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries
    its not fat dying its you dying. Curse you aging!!

Went for my usual Zone 2 heart rate ride last night. Despite 20mph wind I averaged 17.3mph which isnt far off my best (bear in mind thats on a mtb). All with the heart just in the easy zone so pretty pleased with that. Still a few niggles though so I am going to forget doing a local 100m event this weekend. I have two proper events coming up in the next 5 weeks and need to be fresh for those (plus the 100m one is only a road ride).

Spend all this week doing my off the bike exercises before breakfast. Its only 20 minutes or so but I alternate between strength, press ups and crunches, yoga, doing a different one each day. Seems to be going ok so far.

13. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! vegascat

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries
    only a 1/4lb dropped this week. eating is still off thanks to the depression at the moment. Still getting the rides in though and hit a 18mph average last time out for the first time. only a 23 mile lap but it was doing heart zone 2 training so keeping my heart rate in the easy (sub aerobic) level.

Got 3 events in the next 6 weeks coming up. First is on Sunday, its one I did last year though that time I cracked my ribs a fortnight beforehand so I am hoping this time its a little easier! 72 miles in the peak district but only around 4500ft of climbing so relatively flat and fast. Will be interesting to see how it feels after the last event being 123 miles and 12,000ft of climbing!

15. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! vegascat

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries
    Did the Peak District Pioneer yesterday. 72 miler. It felt slower than I had hoped, only averaging .5mph more than last year (though on a slightly longer route) so was a bit dissapointed but checking the stats showed I did better. Last year I came in the top 56% of riders (partly due to fracturing my ribs 6 days prior) but this year I was top 19% of riders (and there were 100 extra entrants) so in that sense much better. I think the event was slower on the whole mainly due to the wind and a a revised course.

Its a route that favours the cyclcross bikes more than MTB so happy to be up there with some of them.
    Best bit though was I came 2nd fastest on a 1.6m segments out of 439 riders (despite been on a mtb and this been a flat section). had a few other segments that I was top 10 or 20 on.

Bloody knee continues to flare up but little chance of rest, next event is 2 weeks time (then another 2 weeks after that before a 3 month gap).
    Going to enter a local XC race in 2 days. No chance of winning but good to try something different and its only an hour long

17. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! vegascat

Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast