Signup Now
Come on sign up, you know you want to. It's free and easy and you get to be even more awesome!
Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: JAHminis: "...and now I'm making your silver pants blue."

thanks, Pete...

i'm glad someone gets my sense of humor;)...

plenty more to come...

cheers
    jah

2. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! David
    hey WAMPers...

here is the next stage of the helmet...
    this is the same as the second layer on the wings, an equal mix of P3 Greatcoat Grey and P3 Underbelly Blue...
    it still resembles bare plastic more than anything, but you can start to see the shadows a bit...

i've also started in on the decorations and gear on the body...
    first everything was picked out with a coat of P3 Thamar Black...
    the soft armor bits around the joints get a first highlight of Greatcoat Grey...
    the glass vials and the tubes get a coat of P3 Gnarls Green, as do some of the lights, and the screen on the little data slate...
    the metal parts of the vials get a coat of P3 Pig Iron...
    the keys of the data slate get a base of Greatcoat Grey, while any little lights that will be red, as well as the blood drops, get a coat of P3 Sanguine Base...
    the pouch gets a first highlight of P3 Coal Black...
    finally, the parts that will be gold get a base of P3 Battlefield Brown...

thanks for looking...
    i hope you are enjoying yourselves;)...

cheers
    jah

4. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! swoods
    hey WAMPers...

i've built up the reds on the sword arm...
    now it's on the the rest of the details of the arm...

i also blacked out the bits of the helm that won't be white...
    i'm thinking green lenses, black wings, and of course, a red helix...

thanks for looking...

cheers
    jah

6. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! Sparks
    hey WAMPers...

i got the next layer of the helmet done...
    instead of jumping straight to P3 Underbelly Blue, like i was thinking, i went for one more mix to help with the transition on such big curves of the helmet...
    this is a mix of P3 Greatcoat Grey and Underbelly Blue, in a 1-4 ratio...
    this will help the pure Underbelly Blue of the next step, and the white mixes of the stages after, to be a little less harsh...

i also got the next stages of the sword arm's parts painted...
    anything that will be gold got a 1-1 mix of P3 Battlefield Brown and P3 Rhulic Gold...
    the sword handle and wax seals got a layer of pure P3 Sanguine Highlight...
    the paper of the purity seals got a layer of P3 Gun Corps Brown, and the wings got the same mix as the ones for the backpack, 1-1 Greatcoat Grey and Underbelly Blue...

thanks for looking...

cheers
    jah

hey WAMPers...

here is the next layer on the helmet...
    this time it is pure P3 Underbelly blue...
    the shadows are finally starting to show...

the next stages of the sword arm are about the halfway point...
    the wings are pure Underbelly Blue...
    the gold is pure P3 Rhulic Gold...
    the parchment is pure P3 Menoth White Base...
    the wax seals, and sword handle, got a wash of pure P3 Flesh Wash (not thinned) for shadows, and then were touched up again with pure P3 Sanguine Highlight...

thanks for looking...
    i hope you are all still with me;)...

cheers
    jah

9. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! vegascat
    hey WAMPers...

i'm nearly done with the helmet...
    this is the 5th layer of color on the white, a 1-4 mix of P3 Underbelly Blue and P3 Morrow White...
    now the shadows really pop...
    just one more layer to go, and then paint up the details...

the sword arm is coming along...
    the wings got the same mix as the helmet...
    the wax seals, and the sword handle, got a layer of P3 Sanguine Highlight and P3 Menoth White Highlight at 2-1...
    the parchments got a wash of GW Orgyn Flesh Wash (from the 2007 set), and the gold got a layer of 1-1 P3 Rhulic Gold and Vallejo Air Gold (an awesome paint, which is my favorite gold to do finish work with)...

thanks for looking...

cheers
    jah

11. Loving your work These users all liked this awesome post:: Demonn,vegascat

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries
    i recently started using vallejo grey wash. its superb for whites.

All looking good so far mate
    Available for Commissions Like my Facebook Page: Brett Johnson Designs

Shop at the Wampstore Wamp Corporate

thanks, Darklord...

i finished the helmet!!!
    the first piece of the mini to get the finishing touches...

the final highlight on the white is pure P3 Morrow White...
    then I did the details...
    the eye lenses got a basecoat of P3 Gnarls Green, a small streak of P3 Iosan Green was the first layer at the front of the lens, followed by a smaller streak of P3 Necrotite Green, and finally a dot of P3 Heartfire (a yellow-orange color)...
    the rear of the lens got a small area of P3 Thamar Black, which was given a little dot of Morrow White...

the Helix, and the light's lens, were painted in my standard red progression...
    a base of P3 Sanguine Base, a layer of P3 Skorne Red, layer of P3 Khador Red Base, and a highlight of Heartfire... the lens was then given a large dot of Thamar Black, and a smaller dot of Morrow White...

the wings, and power cable behind the light, got a base of Thamar Black, a layer of P3 Greatcoat Grey, followed by a sharper layer of P3 Ironhull Grey, and were finished with a fine touch of P3 Trollblood Highlight...

i've thrown in a little sneak peek at how the white helmet goes with the red armor...
    works nicely, i think...

the sword arm is coming along...
    i put a basecoat on the power sword blade, using P3 Exile Blue...
    the golds got a heavy wash of my shade mix, 1-1 P3 Flesh wash and Sanguine Base...
    the parchments were cleaned up, after yesterday's wash, with P3 Menoth White Base again...
    the wings got their finishing touch with pure Morrow White, and the wax seals and sword handle were finished with a final highlight of P3 Sanguine Highlight and Morrow White, at a 2-1 ratio...
    for some reason, the sword handle is really washed out in the first pic, but looks good in the second one...

thanks for looking...

cheers
    jah

Wyrd bi ful ard

Wamp Guru
    loving this SBS

keep up the good work
    The best thing my mates & I have done: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWG9MFQ6Tcs

Me on Putty&Paint

thanks, Demonn...

i got the next layers done on the sword arm...
    the only bits that are still getting work are the golds, the purity seal parchments, the soft armor at the joints, and the blade...
    the blade got a layer of P3 Cygnar Blue Base to define where the glow will be...
    the parchments got a layer of P3 Menoth White Highlight, and the gold got cleaned up, after yesterday's heavy shading wash, with the mix of 1-1 P3 Rhulic Gold and Vallejo Air Gold...

i also got the next layers down on the decorations and gear of the armor...
    the golds got pure Rhulic...
    the metals on the vials got a shading wash of pure undiluted P3 Armor Wash...
    the red lights go a layer of pure P3 Skorne Red...
    the pouch got a highlight of P3 Coal Black and Menoth White Highlight at a 2-1 ratio...
    the vials, hoses, green lights, and data slate screen got a layer of P3 Iosan Green, and the black soft armor and tubes, plus the data slate body and the little box next to the vials, got a highlight of P3 Ironhull Grey...

thanks for looking...

cheers
    jah

Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast