Signup Now
Come on sign up, you know you want to. It's free and easy and you get to be even more awesome!

Thread: A Weekend Workshop with Alfonso 'Banshee' Giraldes

A Weekend Workshop with Alfonso 'Banshee' Giraldes

Hello Everyone! The Weekend Workshop is delaying it's mad dash to buy sun cream for this summer as it organises another workshop with one of the giants of Spanish painting!

The Weekend Workshop is pleased to announce a two day workshop with world renowned sculptor and painter Alfonso 'Banshee' Giraldes at the Scythe and Teacup! Alfonso has been at the pinnacle of miniature painting for a number of years now, he has a whole host of awards to his names and is a hugely experienced teacher!

Alfonso will be teaching the secrets of realistic skin tone, from colour interaction and tonal variation, to interpretation of shape and light to pushing your contrast! It is with no exaggeration that I say that the skills and knowledge you will acquire arenít being taught any where else in the UK.

The workshops costs £120 for both days, included along with your tuition is your free miniature, lunch and also hobby support for as long as you want it after the workshop, no doubt questions will arise once you continue to apply your new knowledge and we will be here, continuing to give feedback and advice, helping to push your progression!

The workshop will run from 10am until 6pm, the workshop will be broken up into 4 main chunks, morning and afternoon session over the 2 days, the morning sessions will be more focused on the theory and ideas of what I will be teaching, with an hour or two in between demonstrations to get some painting done, the focus on the afternoon sessions is for you to sit down and get a good few hours painting in so you can really get to grips with what is being taught. Alfonso and I will be there to give you feedback and reinforce the ideas, theories and techniques, give you advice how can improve your technical skills and answer any hobby related question you can think of! When the day is done we usually head out for a few drinks and something to eat, Liverpool is a great city full of wonderful pubs and eateries.

Items that you will need to bring with you:-

Paints
    Paint Brushes
    A Lamp (or two) with a daylight bulb
    Palette (ideally a wet palette)
    A scalpel or X-acto knife
    Fine grit sand paper/file
    Pin vice, drill bit and brass rod
    Superglue
    Plinth or stand

Donít worry if you cant bring all of these items or you forget some as we will have some spare that you can lend.
    For enquirers and further information or to book a place on the workshop, gives us an email, pm or contact us on Facebook or use the contact form on our Get Involved page

John

Some of Alfonso's recent paint jobs!

But at night, I live a life of exhilaration, of missed heartbeats and adrenalin. And, if the truth be known, a life of dubious virtue...

2. Loving your work These users all liked this awesome post:: Darklord,phatkid1966
    You have no idea how much I'm looking forwards to this one. Painting highlight of the year for me!
    "Keep your brush wet and our humour dry."

4. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! Darkmessiah

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries
    thats a nice looking event. That Hulk is superb
    Available for Commissions Like my Facebook Page: Brett Johnson Designs

Shop at the Wampstore Wamp Corporate

Yeah I believe he used a mixture of acrylics, inks and oil paints to get that skin. Just superb!
    "Keep your brush wet and our humour dry."

Hello folks! Due to a cancellation we have one place available for the Alfonso Giraldes realistic skintones workshop in Liverpool at the end of the month. If you'd like to attend get in touch quickly as the place will likely be sold soon!
    But at night, I live a life of exhilaration, of missed heartbeats and adrenalin. And, if the truth be known, a life of dubious virtue...

I've had another late cancellation folks, so there are now two places available for this workshop!