Signup Now
Come on sign up, you know you want to. It's free and easy and you get to be even more awesome!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Barbarian Horde Miniatures - Red Box Games (Tre Manor)

Barbarian Horde Miniatures - Red Box Games (Tre Manor)

Tre Manor from Red Box Games launched a Kickstarter a few days ago. Pretty impressive sculpts all in white metal. 2 stretch goals already smashed and the 3rd is about 2k away. Figured I'd go ahead and post it on this site as well as I really like his sculpts.

Here's what it says:

Please help Red box games to fund the production of a new set of Fantasy Barbarian hordesmen and their Powerful Heroes!

Please help me to fund the production of these new Helsvakt hordesmen figures. These figures will be produced in high quality white metal by a very reliable and tested production partner with a proven track record for great castings and reliable delivery.

The figures I intend to offer for funding are the semi modular HelsVakt Hordesmen and two hero figures. The Hordesmen set includes 6 bodies fitted for universally interchangeable heads (1 sprue of 6 options), right hands with weapons (2 sprues of 3 options) and left side shields (2 sprues of 3 options) and 6 25 mm round bases.Should funding allow I do have a few manageable stretch goals planned to expand this offering.

photo-main.jpg

Fist Stretch goal achieved, Svartulf the Savage.
    c8eaf8769ec9e968800b3a719014633f_large.jpg

Second Stretch goal achieved, Hakar the Horrible.
    adfa6ec82abcb34daf5ede9e32d0ac10_large.jpg

Third Stretch goal near, this is the first sculpt of the 3 "craven" he is doing.
    73e22d65faf95f77d75aef8abec2d700_large.JPG
    Last edited by ub3r_n3rd; 06-06-2014 at 10:37 PM. Reason: Adding pictures

2. Loving your work These users all liked this awesome post:: Darklord,vegascat
    I like it. I hope he will get some good money out of it. Tre deserves a break. :)

The Craven model is very cool indeed! Good luck Tre!

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries
    Tre has been a wamper for years and though his spelling is worse than my 5 year old he does probably the most realistic 28mm scale minis I have seen. Not heroic scale either true 28mm
    Available for Commissions Like my Facebook Page: Brett Johnson Designs

Shop at the Wampstore Wamp Corporate

Love these figures and the craven are really close to being unlocked, less than $900 as of my posting this. It's nice seeing that he's getting so much support from the miniature painting community.

I like to French Kiss Racoons
    Wamp Apostle
    Blog Entries
    Backed the last barb horde with the "Trollcast" fiasco, but haven't even touched them yet. Need to get going on them. These look very similiar although I love the craven. I need more divercity in the troops!

When do we get the Aenglish archers!!?? Really could use a set of 8-10 of those.

It's funny Tre wasn't sure how the Craven would be seen by the community, said that he had second thoughts on the addition of the hood. Everyone seems to love the hood, it makes them look really sinister.

Less than $300 for the unlock of the Craven. I failed my WILL save and upped my pledge to cover both now.

Tre just put out the update for the Second WIP Craven sculpt and the sculpt WIP for the third hero "Bloody Garm"

Craven #2
    535fe8890b76a5771e69517a9880a72c_large.jpg

Bloody Garm
    d5616e1519bc7c567d80e0b0c29e4c2d_large.jpg
    Minis finished all time: 49
    2014 Tally: 26

Current WIP's: The Companions of the Hall - A Diorama
    Most recent Display Cabinet piece: Alfred Redlute (Gendrick the Bard)

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries
    Well if you like RBG keep a check on Wamp over the next 24 hours
    Available for Commissions Like my Facebook Page: Brett Johnson Designs

Shop at the Wampstore Wamp Corporate

11. Loving your work These users all liked this awesome post:: Scherdy,ub3r_n3rd
    5 Days left!

Couple of big updates for this KS today alone.

1) There is now a "craven only" pledge level for $23 (US backers) & $30 (ROW Backers). Which will allow for add-ons if you don't want the Hordesmen pledge level and then to add on to that, which saves a bit of money.

2) Bloody Garm was unlocked.

3) 3rd and final "craven" sculpt is up and mostly done.

4) 4th Hero (Valda the BlackHearted) - Craven Heroine is REALLY close to being unlocked at the $19,500 level (currently less than $1,200 away from unlocking her). WIP pics will be up soon Tre said.

5) There are going to be Limited Edition Resin heroes available ONLY for this Kickstarter for $20 each. You can get the metal versions of these heroes for $8 each and they'll go into his online store at a higher price later on, but the Resin LE's are only for the Kickstarter campaign and come with a special art card certificate of authenticity in a well secured and packaged box.

6) Tre also stated in the KS comments that there are quite a few other ideas he's thinking about which he stated: "I have a lot of ideas. ;) Giant, Mounted hero, female hordesman hero, shaman, draugr........who knows. 5 days can be a very long time for a KS"

Here's the updated pics for anyone who is interested:

Bloody Garm:

3rd and final Craven:
    Minis finished all time: 49
    2014 Tally: 26

Current WIP's: The Companions of the Hall - A Diorama
    Most recent Display Cabinet piece: Alfred Redlute (Gendrick the Bard)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast