Signup Now
Come on sign up, you know you want to. It's free and easy and you get to be even more awesome!

Thread: Hillsborough 25th Anniversary

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries

Hillsborough 25th Anniversary

25 years ago today 96 people went to a football match and never returned home. They lost their lives at the stadium I adore. Everytime I go to watch my beloved Wednesday play there I look across to that stand and think back to the horrific scenes I watched unfold on Tv as a child.
    Today is a day to ignore the hyperbole and the politics and the tribal instincts of football fans and to remember those lives lost as well as those lucky enough to survive. To remember everyone their that day, not only the Liverpool fans but the Forest fans too. The SWFC staff and the emergency services personel whose lives were forever tainted by that day. To remember the people of Sheffield who opened their doors to Liverpool fans so they could ring home to worried loved ones.
    To those people you are in my thoughts and we mourn your sad passing. SWFC mourns, Sheffield mourns and the whole of football mourns.
    You'll never walk alone. JFT96
    Available for Commissions Like my Facebook Page: Brett Johnson Designs

Shop at the Wampstore Wamp Corporate

2. Loving your work These users all liked this awesome post:: Demonn,phatkid1966
    Kickstarted
    Super Wamp
    Blog Entries
    One of the few things that brings every football fan together. RIP.
    Miniatures Completed In 2017 - 6 2016 - 24 2015 - ​18
    Eldar Challenge - Points Painted 482/4000
    Brambleten Attempts to apply paint to metal, resin and plastic with varying levels of success

Respect goes out to the Fans and families this was and will remain the biggest crime in Football, RIP

@ Brett Ive just noticed your little edit on my profile LMAO I will get you back! Dunno When or How but I will

So true, I think most footie fans won't begrudge Lfc the title this year if we win it because of what it will mean to the families and the people of Liverpool.
    "Keep your brush wet and our humour dry."

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries
    actually I think most footie fans are dreading liverpool winning it!

you won the title in 90 so the tribute title has been won already

Blog Entries
    I was in Nottingham city centre that afternoon. My attention was caught by a small crowd looking into the window of an electrical shop. I went to investigate and all the TVs in the window were showing the tragedy unfold. It took a moment to work out what I was watching. At first it looked like a riot. Then a fire. Then... it dawned on me that people were dying there. The full enormity of what had happened came out over the next few hours and days but even now, we're only starting to uncover the full story.
    I'll be lucky to paint a single figure this year or any other. If I do manage it, no one will be more shocked than I.

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries
    Yeah I watched it live aged 11 and had the misfortune to watch the Bradford fire live on tv too aged 8 (30th Anniversary next year)

Its a very emotive subject and both the media and the government have already pushed for the result they want.

As you can imagine its a very hot topic for us Sheff wed fans too. I would suggest anyone genuinely interested in the full picture to read the reports (rather than the media and the HIP's conclusions. Theres a lot of unreported stuff in there that can change your perception. I know many Owls that live nearby and witnessed things unfold or opened their doors for liverpool fans to ring home to tell loved ones they were ok. Lots of Owls were working that day too either as stewards,turnstile operators or emergency services. Many quit work or even commited suicide because they couldnt come to terms with what happened. Many of them were never given the chance to give their accounts that day but plenty have come forward for the new inquest.

While I have grave concerns over the Independant panel and camerons statement I must say the coroner has so far conducted himself very well and not allowed the media to dictate things.

RIP96

Blog Entries
    Actually, my memories are of Bradford, not Hillsborough. I thought the dates didn't add up.
    I'll be lucky to paint a single figure this year or any other. If I do manage it, no one will be more shocked than I.

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Actually, my memories are of Bradford, not Hillsborough. I thought the dates didn't add up.
    For me the Bradford one was much more horrific to watch