Signup Now
Come on sign up, you know you want to. It's free and easy and you get to be even more awesome!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Now Salute is over!!

Now Salute is over!!

So!!!

What did you get from Salute? post a pic of your stash!!
    I didnt go nuts as have a few kick starters on the horizon but got a nice little stash,
    Salute Stash.jpg
    top left down over is Antenocities workshop Hover bike girls, 3 Hasslefree minis, 3 resin Black scorpion minis including the Salute Limited eds mini, Esme Weatherwax from Discworld series which is a lot bigger than i thought, Infamy bust, the smaller one, and my stash of mad clown minis, not a a massive stash but will keep me busy.

So what did you guys get for the day?

I got jealousy pangs
    A model what I painted: My WIP thread
    The 2018 Two Out, One In grey mountain reduction program - 2 painted/sold, 0 bought/received
    Previous years: 2017 - 11/96, 2016 - 20/162, 2015 - 29/36

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries
    nothing, still havent managed to get their yet. This time next year rodders.........

(Awaits Undaves pics of a 12.5 tonner full of his buys)
    Available for Commissions Like my Facebook Page: Brett Johnson Designs

Shop at the Wampstore Wamp Corporate

Wamp Apostle
    Northampton, home of the shoe... apparently
    Blog Entries
    I got a disappointingly tiny pile of loot, at least by normal standards. Now I've got access to a permanent supply of cheap shinies at my fingertips I spent the day wandering round thinking "nah, i can get that cheaper at work."

That being said, on the spur of the moment I decided to go in one of my WW T-shirts instead of my usual "flockwit" attire. It's amazing what the words "trade account" will do to a stall holder. I've got a pile of free samples which almost equals the pile I actually spent money on.

I'll see if I can snag some pics tomorrow at some point.

I completely forgot to pick up one of those busts though. The three I picked up off Elanlane will have to suffice.
    Awards:
    Top Referrer
    "We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area" - UK military spokesman Major Mike Shearer
    "I think they should all be topless, they're just more fun that way" - Vegascat
    "I once hit a guy in the face with a crap" - NeatPete
    "The doctor put me on a course of placebos," said the lady in the straw hat. "But I don't take them. I'm saving them all up for a mock suicide attempt."
    "Unleash a rancid potpourri of lunacy!" - Games Workshop Website.
    "I used to be Sheogorath but I took an arrow to the knee."

My pile of loot wasn't that huge either. A few Studio McVey figures, a pre-production gift from the guys at Demented Games for their upcoming game Twisted (this range is really awesome, the detail of the sculpts are insane!) and the surprise for me at this show was a couple of the new release for Black Scorpion. BS have some pretty neat releases so will pick up a few more of those eventually. :)

I managed to bag a few new nice minis but the highlight was without doubt the company. I got to stay over at Megazords with Normski and have a brilliant beer and paint session. (Megazord drinks milk and Normski snores like hes trying to wake the dead)! Chris Octave and Dark Messiah came over to join the session!!! Then the next day we all had lunch with PB Michael Bartels. I was in awe for the whole weekend. I bumped into some brilliant people during Salute including our own Sparky and Iacton. The event was relaxed, fun and everything GD could have been.
    The one big let down for me was the competition. I don't know enough about judging to be to opinionated but suffice to say in my humble opinion although the standard was high it was so because of the many extremely amazing entries from Wamp members. I am not biased in my opinion and don't want to turn this into a rant but the results left me somewhat perplexed.
    The weekend however was a total winner and it just reaffirmed my opinion that painters really are the best people in the world. (Cue appropriate hippy tune here).
    Can't wait until next year.
    Any plans for another Wamp event Brett? I know there has been way too much going on for you to have time to organise that for a while but now your settled any thoughts?
    "Keep your brush wet and our humour dry."

7. Loving your work This user likes what you had to say. Good on Ya! Iacton
    Kickstarted
    Super Wamp
    Blog Entries
    While I didn't attend, I did make the most of Infamy's Salute prices to pick up the large bust and Tallulah Belle.

As for a Wamp event, I'd be up for it as long as it doesn't occur in March or April of any year. I have come to learn that working in finance is a ***** those months as you aren't allowed any time off thanks to year end. Other requests would be somewhere northern and preferably with a train station.

too much?
    Miniatures Completed In 2017 - 6 2016 - 24 2015 - ​18
    Eldar Challenge - Points Painted 482/4000
    Brambleten Attempts to apply paint to metal, resin and plastic with varying levels of success

Wamp Incarnate
    Blog Entries
    yes there are plans for another event actually, hopefully next year. Most likely Sheffield area if possible.

And Norm the company most definately is the best bit. Had some fun nights out with painters that included vinegar shots, shoes and other such mini related items!
    Available for Commissions Like my Facebook Page: Brett Johnson Designs

Shop at the Wampstore Wamp Corporate

Enlightened Wamp
    Yeah. No shopping for me, although I got a M'Dusa from Adam on the Twisted stand and a couple of new HF shinies.
    Briefly, and in a slightly flustered manner said hi to Norms and PK (or perhaps Burt and Ernie would be a better description having seen them side by side...lol), Sparks with Portal that I never got around to looking at (grrrr), JoeK and Alex Huntley (missed James from Infamy), Mega, Dark Messy and Chris, Mike and Ali McV, Martyn MDP, Mr Dee and Pete/Avi (mostly in the pub on the night before!), and a few more whose names escape me.
    I quite like the working aspect of going to the show, although getting to the venue for 7am isn't very sociable... *_*
    CMON Gallery / Me on Putty&Paint/ Wamp Gallery / Black Hand Painting Blog
    Quote Originally Posted by TheProdigalGamer View Post
    You people scare me

Wamp Apostle
    Northampton, home of the shoe... apparently
    Blog Entries
    I don't think I saw any of you lot. The only wamper I ran into was Sparks, waiting in the queue. We need to set a time and place for a meetup next year.
    Awards:
    Top Referrer
    "We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area" - UK military spokesman Major Mike Shearer
    "I think they should all be topless, they're just more fun that way" - Vegascat
    "I once hit a guy in the face with a crap" - NeatPete
    "The doctor put me on a course of placebos," said the lady in the straw hat. "But I don't take them. I'm saving them all up for a mock suicide attempt."
    "Unleash a rancid potpourri of lunacy!" - Games Workshop Website.
    "I used to be Sheogorath but I took an arrow to the knee."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast